6.7 Destruction

LOL
Yep. After a while they break the stem on the valve(brass) leaving them full open.

I have what i call squealers screwed in mine for that reason.When they are set so they will open you can here it from in the cab.But to be honest i have ran them closed and never get surge are bark.I just set them at 100psi and they never open.

what prevents the turbine shafts from overspeeding? :confused:

When set at the right pressure they will only open when lifting the throttle very quick dumping the excess pressure that got interrupted.

Hope that made since.

When set at the right pressure they will only open when lifting the throttle very quick dumping the excess pressure that got interrupted.

Hope that made since.

No, no they don't...but if you have them set to 100psi, they will only open above 100psi.

VERY bad idea to have those in there, IMHO!

But the rest of that looks Very Nice!
Chris

No, no they don't...but if you have them set to 100psi, they will only open above 100psi.

VERY bad idea to have those in there, IMHO!

But the rest of that looks Very Nice!
Chris

I believe thats what i just said.They are set to dump at a pressure grater than what i can build boost,they will only dump if there is a pressure spike over the set amount,unless one fails.As for you saying they are a bad idea,are you referring to one maybe getting stuck open and me not knowing about it and over speeding the turbo? If there is something else I'm not aware of i would love to know.

Thanks!

They can stick, yes...overspeed turbines, yes...very much bad.

As long as you never hit 100psi, they're fine...but I wouldn't want them to open at 100psi...INSTANT overspeed I would think.

Most people use those to make sure their boost never gets too high, to help save their headgasket...never mind what it does to the chargers.

To me, they're just one more thing to leak!
Chris

A few shots of her up and running.Taking it easy for a few miles then back to the wood she will go.

07Mega,4x4,68rfe,CP3X2,Hamilton Cam,#110 Springs,Chromoly Push Rods,P&P head, Fire ringed,Flux 4 sticks,ARP 625's,,silver 66/74 over s480 by Source,Sperco,Cunningham Rods ,Suncoast CompTransmission,BGChrysler Tuned, Mp8,Boost Fooler,Glacier GHD,WCC Intake,Big thanks to Ron@Suncoast & Erick@BrownsDiesel Pictures by ronniepene - Photobucket

photobucket.com/albums/yy10/ronniepene/th_VID_20110107_175737.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

OK i f--king give up,its a video and its on my photo bucket at the very end if someone cares to view it.