6.7 Gone Haywire

roan

Still Tippin'
My dad has an 07 6.7 3500 Cab & Chassis

The other day he was driving down the road and hit the button to roll the window down, the window doesnt work and washer fluid starts sprayin on the windshield. He hits the window button again and the wipers start going and the horn starts honking like when you hit the panic button. Makes it about 100 ft and the truck dies and he limps it over in the ditch. He gets out and smells burning wires, pops the hood and there is smoke pouring out of the fuse box. While he is scrambling looking for a wrench. to remove the battery cables the truck begins cranking itself. He pulls the key out of the ignition and it continues to crank itself. He didnt have a wrench to take off the battery cables so he sits there and watches the truck crank on itself for 15 minutes straight until the starter burns slap up all while the above described craziness is going on.

Anybody ever heard of anything like this happen to anybody else?

:doh: TIA

You need an old priest and a young priest... :hehe:

If it wudn't an accessory that did it, I'd guess you got a 8000lb case of lemons.

it definitely sounds like a rare case. But I wouldn't let them mess with the truck, i'd tell Dodge you want a new truck. It's bound to be a problem child..