6.7 knowledge wanted

Motoracer057

Wanting to know if this set up would be decent for a dd
Hands mini maxx, egr/cooler delete, 5in exhaust, ad 150, wicked arson kit, mayne some 90s, and a 66 turbo? Also will I need a 3rd gen manifold to run an aftermarket turbo? And will a 66 hook up to the 5in exhaust wo modification?

This will be fun as a daily driver. Be prepared to do some transmission or clutch upgrades. Yes, you will need a 3rd gen manifold. No, the exhaust elbow off your he351ve will not work.

Obviously if it's not already done, a DPF delete will be in order. If you've already got 5" turbo back exhaust all you'll need is the cast elbow off the rear of an HE351W to adapt the 66mm charger to the exhaust system.

Last edited:
my elbow off my 6.7 mounted to my silver 66 no probs no leaks no modifications also i have a stock 3rd gen manifold

my elbow off my 6.7 mounted to my silver 66 no probs no leaks no modifications also i have a stock 3rd gen manifold
I'm guessing you bought the silver bullet for the 6.7 from I.I., i've heard they have that option available.

O.P., you could still save and get the 05-07 elbow and get a cheaper/better turbo than a silver bullet.

Well im thinking,i may,call,engineered diesel and,see,what,they got. I womderimg,if I could spool a smaller s400 with some small sticks.

S468 or s472 spools fine with 83/74 turbine and .9 housing.

Lavon

I'm guessing you bought the silver bullet for the 6.7 from I.I., i've heard they have that option available.

O.P., you could still save and get the 05-07 elbow and get a cheaper/better turbo than a silver bullet.

yes i did and it comes with all the plugs also to plug the coolant lines for factory turbo kinda handy i thought and going that way was allmost a strait unbolt and bolt swap besides the oil return but with 3/4 heater hose fixed it right up