6.7 Question

Slowsixseven

Hey everyone, first post here.
To start off, im definitely not an automotive genius and im 19, so cut me a break :)
But i have disabled all my fuel limiters, turned my timing up some in the upper throttle range and some SLIGHT injection pulse width added. It runs great down in the lower gears ( 2-4th) but 5th and 6th wont boost above 28 lbs, it will hit 28 lbs and then defuel hard. Is there some simple I am missing? I figured i could leave the fuel pressure where it was at. From what I have read, the 6.7 stock has plenty enough pressure for a good street tune. Is this true? It just seems like it doesnt want to fuel good just on the upper end. I have logged, but the logs sort of seem overwhelming to me at the moment. I have been messing with diesels for three years, but this EFILive is making me scratch my head to my skull to say the least. I make changes expecting something more, but then it barely runs better :p But what is the limit on a stock 6.7 timing do you all reccomend? Ive not added a whole lot as of yet because I have been sort of cautious and just self teaching. Any advice or answers to my questions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks Guys.

-Slowsixseven

did you change the boost fueling table or just the bump in timing and pulse width?

and for fuel pressure yes they come with enough stock, all you should do really is smooth it out

If you haven't figured it out yet, he's probably not coming back. Still has a post count of 1.

Do you blame him? He asked questions and got no answers. That's been my experience as well on most of these forums. A lot of comments but no answers.

Do you blame him? He asked questions and got no answers. That's been my experience as well on most of these forums. A lot of comments but no answers.

So do you not know the difference between a comment and a question, or are you just drunk? We were trying to get more information to help him out. We can't read minds here sorry.

I do a lot of reading trying to sort out the magazine graduates from those who really know. And what I see is a lot more comments than answers. Makes it real frustrating when you're trying to learn. Comments are ok but answers are better. Do you know the difference between a question and an answer?

You don't read too well either. Look at the second to last sentence of my last post.

Woah! Sorry for not checking back guys, I just now got back on here and seen the replies. My email had never notified me that I had gotten any replies. And no, I didn't get scared off :aiwebs_008: But I think that the max degree of timing on my tune was like 27 or 28 degrees at my highest point?? I am not home so I can't check my tune right now. But I appreciate the responses.
Thanks Guys.
-Slowsixseven

Last edited:
Woah! Sorry for not checking back guys, I just now got back on here and seen the replies. My email had never notified me that I had gotten any replies. And no, I didn't get scared off :aiwebs_008: But I think that the max degree of timing on my tune was like 27 or 28 degrees at my highest point?? I am not home so I can't check my tune right now. But I appreciate the responses.
Thanks Guys.
-Slowsixseven

That seems a bit high to me. Try lowering the timing a bit and see if that helps.

My bad, my tune has 20* maximum at the most. It just seems sluggish. I dont know if I need more IPW or what.

I dont think I ever received it Les. Let me check again. It may have went to junk folder for whatever reason