6.7 still throwing codes after smarty

To plug the fuel rail valve. Take the bango bolt in the top and tap it with an 1/8" NPT. Install a 1/8" pipe plug in the bolt untill it is flush and then reinstall the bolt into the valve. Now your Fuel Rail Pressure Relief Valve is plugged and it cannot relief.

:nail::nail::nail:

Weazel you just rained on my parade here I think I am getting it figured out and you tell me this.

Sorry man! LOL. Either plugging or shimming the relief valve helps with a lot of the codes, but I don't know where to start with the catalyst full alarm? The truck will go to half power for about 2 minutes or so (on my truck at least), and then it will return to regular power. Then I have to deal with the chiming every ten minutes until I can stop and use the smarty to clear it.

Sorry man! LOL. Either plugging or shimming the relief valve helps with a lot of the codes, but I don't know where to start with the catalyst full alarm? The truck will go to half power for about 2 minutes or so (on my truck at least), and then it will return to regular power. Then I have to deal with the chiming every ten minutes until I can stop and use the smarty to clear it.

try a differnet programmer. We've had good luck with H&S

I have both (programmers) so I am going to fix the rail and go from there.

I have both (programmers) so I am going to fix the rail and go from there.

It sounds like you've got more than just programming issues, Your overhead is out, all this?? Just wondering if its not the programmer and something else?

Dave the overhead just went out like a few days ago. I was getting the codes before that. It still acts the same you just cant see the message. Weazel it seems that a few of us are having the troubles. I put it the smarty on a friends stock truck and no codes. I wonder if we are not getting codes because of the exhaust or something. I have done all the deletes and a full on exhaust do I need some sensor foolers or something? I was under the impression smarty was supposed to take care of that.

Dave the overhead just went out like a few days ago. I was getting the codes before that. It still acts the same you just cant see the message. Weazel it seems that a few of us are having the troubles. I put it the smarty on a friends stock truck and no codes. I wonder if we are not getting codes because of the exhaust or something. I have done all the deletes and a full on exhaust do I need some sensor foolers or something? I was under the impression smarty was supposed to take care of that.

I was curious also about the sensor foolers.. If that's what the issue is, then I'll grab a few and throw them on! I hauled a dumptruck in this morning, and it threw the catalyst full alarm twice! It's getting annoying!

I know exactly what you mean I haul a water for the sprayer and every time I hit a hill it cuts the power.

You shouldn't need anything with the smarty. H&S and Smarty both should be code free. I haven't gotten a single code with mine. However, there are certain codes that fire at diff times. I'm not completly up on all that, but i do know you cld be clearing codes for a couple of weeks. The ecm is very complicated. If ur truck was having issues (even things that you don't know about) it can trigger a code say a week later. Have u called bob wagner? Or marco w/smarty?

Dave, Marco said it could be the rail pressure relief valve and Bob said shimming should fix it. I priced a new one $450 just for that valve so I am going to try shimming. I have the parts I need I just need time.

Dave, Marco said it could be the rail pressure relief valve and Bob said shimming should fix it. I priced a new one $450 just for that valve so I am going to try shimming. I have the parts I need I just need time.

Good deal. Mine is plugged, but alot of people say not to do that? Wrks for me on mine. If thats the route u wanna take u can order one for 75 bucks and just slap it in. Keep ur factory one and watch ur rail pressure. Too high is bad too.

Good deal. Mine is plugged, but alot of people say not to do that? Wrks for me on mine. If thats the route u wanna take u can order one for 75 bucks and just slap it in. Keep ur factory one and watch ur rail pressure. Too high is bad too.

How high do you think your factory sensor reads?

Dave have not had time to mess with it yet. Been trying to get caught up working then took the wife to do stuff over the weekend for the fourth. I am going to try and get on it today or tomorrow.

Ok guys here is where I am at. Got an H&S programmer, still throwing codes. Pull codes and get P1011 and P0087. The 0087 is low fuel rail pressure. Shim the valve in the rail, nail it pretty good and codes AGAIN. Pull codes, same two previously mentioned. Truck does have 189K on it could the spring be weak in the valve? H&S website said if you shim the valve should take care of the two codes. All I want to do is be able to pull a load. I am running on the lowest settings. Any ideas guys?

Ok guys here is where I am at. Got an H&S programmer, still throwing codes. Pull codes and get P1011 and P0087. The 0087 is low fuel rail pressure. Shim the valve in the rail, nail it pretty good and codes AGAIN. Pull codes, same two previously mentioned. Truck does have 189K on it could the spring be weak in the valve? H&S website said if you shim the valve should take care of the two codes. All I want to do is be able to pull a load. I am running on the lowest settings. Any ideas guys?

have you checked your cp3? Or lift pump in the tank?? If your stock fuel pump is going out, or your cp3 is on its way out, I'd imagine that would case a similar issue..

Sorry you spent money on H&S just to find out it wasn't the smarty.

Back