6.7 swap to 12 valve help!!!!!

Secretweapon07

what all will i need to chang for a 6.7 cummins to a 12 valve and were can i find all the parts that i will need? thanks

my buddy blew his head gasket, bent a couple push rods, and messed up the cam and he has hated that motor for awhile now, so he wants to put a 12 valve in it and i dont even no were to start looking for conversion kits for the motor mount, wiring, gauges and all that good stuff

what all will i need to chang for a 6.7 cummins to a 12 valve and were can i find all the parts that i will need? thanks

For around a $1000k he can replace the cam, push rods and hg. Then sell it and build a bad a$$ 12v truck! What about selling the truck, it would cut the value way down:bang

just cause its different doesnt always mean its cool

"insert picture of picachu colored minivan here"

ya i dont really agree with what he is wanting to do but its his truck and his money im just the guy who builds it with his money. its gonna be a fun project i guess but i need to start finding all the stuff to get it done with so i can get it out of my shop... any suggestions

Yea put that ***** back to stock and roll it out of there, hope the truck doesn't need to pass emissions.

Good luck getting half the **** on the truck to work with no ecm present. Oh yea, and you'll have to do a standalone tcm or do a trans swap if its an auto. I'd tell him you didn't want to do it. Unless you've got enough shop room that you don't mind this thing sitting there for a while, fix the 6.7 or send him on his way.

Last edited:
How much does he want for it. Maybe I'll take it off his hands. I'd love to have a spare EVERYTHING

That would be awesome. No more worries about trashing this or that. Hell I've got a back up. :hehe::lolly:

just cause its different doesnt always mean its cool

"insert picture of picachu colored minivan here"
Well this guy is asking for help and everyone is bashing him.
if everything in this world was the same it would be a pretty boring world. I have no idea what it would take to do this, but if thats what he wants to spend his money on then thats his business!! He said he dislikes the 6.7 probably full of problems. Cant blame him for thinking outside the box. That makes this world interesting.
:pop:

Well this guy is asking for help and everyone is bashing him.
if everything in this world was the same it would be a pretty boring world. I have no idea what it would take to do this, but if thats what he wants to spend his money on then thats his business!! He said he dislikes the 6.7 probably full of problems. Cant blame him for thinking outside the box. That makes this world interesting.
:pop:

Yea you bunch of assholes, leave him alone! :hehe: :hehe: