6.7 swap to 12 valve help!!!!!

Well this guy is asking for help and everyone is bashing him.
if everything in this world was the same it would be a pretty boring world. I have no idea what it would take to do this, but if thats what he wants to spend his money on then thats his business!! He said he dislikes the 6.7 probably full of problems. Cant blame him for thinking outside the box. That makes this world interesting.
:pop:

I have no clue what it would take to do that swap. Probably a white jacket, padded room, and some undisclosed pills.

But seriously. I'm retarded where diesels are concerned, but wouldn't it just be easier to find a pre-6.7 to do this. I mean it seems like you've got apple's and oranges. Electronics vs. non?? Am I wrong??

:nail:

most people are going the opposite direction... they all must be crazy

Well this guy is asking for help and everyone is bashing him.
if everything in this world was the same it would be a pretty boring world. I have no idea what it would take to do this, but if thats what he wants to spend his money on then thats his business!! He said he dislikes the 6.7 probably full of problems. Cant blame him for thinking outside the box. That makes this world interesting.
:pop:
Just because certain thinking is outside the box doesn't mean it's a good idea. I mean, sticking your wiener on an electric stove burner to get that warming sensation is out of the box, I'm not testing that crap out!

Besides, the OP can't spell "swap", me thinks he may be in over his head.

An odd request , but whatever floats your boat. After you are done, swap the 6.7 into a 12V and let me know where you got the info, or who helped you with it so I can schedule an appointment to do a second one.

I'll take that rubber room, graduate and raise you one certifcation of insanity.

P-pumping one has been done already and I'm in the process of duplicating it.
I'll add insult to injury and tell you I'm doing it with a VE injection pump.

It's not to be different, necessarily (But a nice concept), but because I like the idea of displacement with low end efficiency.

Not everything worthwhile has to have emissions, be electronically controlled (Where's the fun in THAT?) or the ability to rev to the moon.

Come to think of it, didn't ANY auto manufacturer's "New Idea" begin with out of the box thinking?
Imagine if Dodge hadn't thought outside the box in 1985 when they started R&D for the 1st gens, right now people would be bandying about Power Strokes or Duramaxes as "Reliable" instead.

Wait, a 6.7 isn't usually referred to as "reliable", anyway.:hehe:

They are one of a few engines that you call about and the usual response is:
"It had a fire, the top end is a bit burned, but it's only got (some mileage under 100,000) miles on it......"

So much for "technology".

Mark.

I'll take that rubber room, graduate and raise you one certifcation of insanity.

P-pumping one has been done already and I'm in the process of duplicating it.
I'll add insult to injury and tell you I'm doing it with a VE injection pump.

It's not to be different, necessarily (But a nice concept), but because I like the idea of displacement with low end efficiency.

Not everything worthwhile has to have emissions, be electronically controlled (Where's the fun in THAT?) or the ability to rev to the moon.

Come to think of it, didn't ANY auto manufacturer's "New Idea" begin with out of the box thinking?
Imagine if Dodge hadn't thought outside the box in 1985 when they started R&D for the 1st gens, right now people would be bandying about Power Strokes or Duramaxes as "Reliable" instead.

Wait, a 6.7 isn't usually referred to as "reliable", anyway.:hehe:

They are one of a few engines that you call about and the usual response is:
"It had a fire, the top end is a bit burned, but it's only got (some mileage under 100,000) miles on it......"

So much for "technology".

Mark.

I don't think any of us have a problem with thinking outside the box. Its like putting a new corvette body on top of a 80 model corvette frame. Kind of backwards. I understand the draw to the 5.9. Tried and true, cheaper (Well that's debatable in itself). NO EMISSIONS......Big one there. What's not to like. It actually sounded like a diesel, etc. etc.. But you can buy a 2007 with the 5.9 in it and get all of the accomadations of the new truck. I would imagine that to be easier and cheaper than converting a 6.7 truck to a 5.9. That's all I'm saying. And for the record. I have 120,000 miles on mine. Only had the ECM reflashed so far. (Well DPF issues, but that was due to lack of weight in right foot) Problem solved, right foot now weighs so much you can't lift it off the pedal. JMO of course....

I finally got him talked into letting me rebuild his 6.7 after days of explaining to him why he shouldnt do it. Thanks to for those that r not full of opinions and r able to see out side the box comp d would be a lot better with more members like them thanks again

I finally got him talked into letting me rebuild his 6.7 after days of explaining to him why he shouldnt do it. Thanks to for those that r not full of opinions and r able to see out side the box comp d would be a lot better with more members like them thanks again

Just because it's outside the box doesn't mean it's better.