6.7 with 3.42 gears

JFlagg

Gun for Hire
Anyone driven one yet? I was wondering around the local dealership and found a 2008 6.7 with the 6 spd manual and after reading the small print on the sticker noticed it had the 3.42 gears.....I'm thinking about going and test driving it tomorrow just to see how it does. Anyone else driven one or own one? Just curious how it would compare to the 3.73's. All thoughts welcome.

have not driven one but id love to try out the new dodge. i figure with the 6 spd gear ranges it pulls like a 5.9 combo but gets better milage. Maybe i'll go drive one tomorrow and let you know... I love getting sales people excited and never showing back up to buy the truck.

My brother is a salesman at a local dealer that is partners with another Dodge daler out west that has alot of trucks, so whatever I get will be through him, to bad the other salesman don't know that...I also figure since I don't tow often, just the bassboat in the summer and an occassional bobcat or my jeep I don't need the 3.73's or 4.10's. The 3.42's and some 33-34" tires should make for some good mileage I would imagine.

My 6.7 with the manual and 3.73's turns 2400 rpm at 75mph. I would definatley get the 3.42's in a manual.

silverbullet said:
My 6.7 with the manual and 3.73's turns 2400 rpm at 75mph. I would definatley get the 3.42's in a manual.
Thats what I was thinking...I heard the G56 OD is lower than the OD in my NV5600. I like my NV5600/3.55/35" tire combo....2000 RPMs at 77 is nice:)

I'm thinking about some Ricksons and 34" tires if I get one....so that and the 3.42's should make a great commuter truck.

i drove one today.
thinkin really hard about getting rid of my 5.9.

i still would get 3.73's with auto, but that's me haha.

my lower back doesn't allow me to shift much anymore..