6.7L 12V Conversion

5.9cummins06

Looking at building a pulling engine, has anyone or know anyone that has done a 6.7L conversion, short block with a 12V head and P7100? Im not too familiar with how the 6.7 has been holding up in high performance scenarios. Is the block just a bored out 5.9? Would I have to fill the block? I'm going for at least 1000HP, 5KGS

Oh good lord....

If all you want is 1000hp, build a 12v and be done with it. Otherwise, start searching. That's what the little SEARCH menu is for;)

Chris

Go ahead and build a high horse 6.7 make about 10 passes, cross your fingers u have a block that will stay together, if not then replace the split block. Repeat...

Last edited:
LOL thats all the info I need! Pretty much what I expected, just wanted to see if its been done.

Oh good lord....

If all you want is 1000hp, build a 12v and be done with it. Otherwise, start searching. That's what the little SEARCH menu is for;)

Chris

Ya at least, i dont want to go as far as filling the block, will definetly be a 12V. Theres lots of discussion with a 12V 6.7L P7100, no success stories yet tho, sounds like ill stick with a 5.9 :D

a fellow close to you has a twin p-pumped 6.7 block 12 valve headed 5.9 cranked race engine that lasted a whole season of drag racing and sled pulling......

yup, it's a 6.7l block, and I beleive somebody else here in alberta has talked about doing a 6.7l block with a 12v head.

Last edited:
You won't find much info here on the 6.7 builds, it's still in the secret squirrel stage. p-pumped is a step in the right direction to lower the torque, but some say the blocks are weak and will break. There are several in the works but very little info is leaking out. Kind of like Hamilton heads.

You pretty much nailed it Ron. I only know what I have seen in person on 6.7 12valve builds.