6.7L Conversion?

dieselpuff

I'm probably not original in this thought, but I was thinking it would be cool if you could put an ISB6.7 engine from the 2007+ Dodge truck into an older truck (such as 2003+ 3rd gen) and use the 2003-2006 ISB5.9 computer to control it. This might be a good idea for those that have to buy new engine that's been ruined, but instead of buying an ISB5.9 you buy an ISB6.7! This would allow you to have a large displacement engine, but eliminate the requirement for all of the emmissions equipment (yeah!).

Secondly, I'm wondering how much the 6.7 could be stroked??? How much will offset grinding get you? What is the max stroke you could get to keep a 1.6 rod/stroke ratio using a custom billet steel crank.

Just trying to think outside the box!

I have looked into that as well. It would be very costly and the electrical would be a nightmare. Also those engine are fairly expinsive.
I know Bully Dog looked at doing this very thing as well. Now instead, they have a cab/chassis that they put a bed on. I also heard from them that this was no easy task
to make the transplant?

Would you also want to go with the new Aisin 6-speed tranny? I'm not sure
about the bolting up of the new ISB 6.7 to the 48RE tranny - I would figure that it should work?

I have not been able to do much research on this at all so I would find it interesting if someone else out there has any more info on this...?