6 lug rims fit the "OEM axle" rule?

dmaxalliTech

Dmax re-engineer
OEM axle has 8 lugs, does the wide 6 pattern rim on an OEM housing fit the rule? How much of the axle has to be OEM? Axle swap is ok, is a hub change ok that uses factory hub bearings but with wide 6 pattern?

I thought the rule said the axle must be from a 1 ton or less.

Why would you want to go through the trouble of puting a wide 6 hub on a D80 there would be no advantge to doing that

lots of advantages to be had, but the biggest reason I want to go 6 lug is to utilize my 400.00 ea. Real wheels I already own.

11.5" AAM axle

lots of advantages to be had, but the biggest reason I want to go 6 lug is to utilize my 400.00 ea. Real wheels I already own.

11.5" AAM axle

What are the other advantages other than possibly shaving a few pounds?

I'll show you the advantages once I get a concensus if I'm going to have problems with running the 6 bolt or if I need to pony up for new rims.

Why not just have Real wheel make a new adapter for the wheels so you can use your current bolt pattern.

ok, let me restate the question.....

If I show up to pull 2.8 with 6 bolt wheels on my OEM axle, am I going to get challanged?

OEM axle,you just answered your own question.what if you showed up running a 5 lug 8.8 rear?besides the laughter,you would not hear anyone telling you no

OEM axle,you just answered your own question.what if you showed up running a 5 lug 8.8 rear?besides the laughter,you would not hear anyone telling you no
I think he means a rockwell hub not 1/2 ton
Thats what I wanted to know, Thanks:Cheer:

just make sure you can fab brakes to the hubs because 2.8 has to have four wheel hydraulic brakes

we Just got done converting our dana80 over to the big 6 pattern...machined off the wheel flange and had a new flange with the big bolt patern cnc'd and welded it on. Have to watch though...some of the hubs are cast and others are forged steel! Reason we went this route was because for what we are building we don't need anything larger than a D80 at the moment but at least we have room to grow into a larger axle instead and use our 6x8.75 rims

Ryan

Yes, a Rockwell bolt pattern.

The brakes will be addressed as well, enough to meet rules anyways.

Looks like I'm going to start machining new hubs if it does not appear to be an issue

i know he meant rockwell but my point was that he was worried about the lug pattern.idk that is what i read into.

I was just worried that showing up with a wide 6 pattern would raise eyebrows even know its an obvious OEM housing.

I would contact NADM before machining anything so you dont get a bad surprise when you show up to an event and get bumped to SS. The way i read it is that it has to be OEM, meaning everything including hubs, but thats my thinking but it comes down to the Tech official.

Last edited:
but you're allowed to run aftermarket axles, how exactly does that fit into "everything has to be OEM"

I think it should be good to go but yeah, I'd probably get directly in touch with head of tech at NADM and see.

C-ya

I meant the external parts.

Rear End: Non-OEM rear-end housings are prohibited. The rear end must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pick up. Rear axle bolts must be covered by a cap or shield.