60 psi boost

Meh! If he leaves valve springs stock, they will clearance themselves!

Its the injectors i'm betting.. An A5k doesnt need tuns of fuel. 150s are prob max on that charger. He is running 250s.
I'd look at a different charger or smaller stix.

It not a CR. I run 220's with a Aurora 4000. 55psi boost, cleans up to slight haze.

haha wow well i do need valve springs there on the way and i made 528 with 47 psi of boost before head studs just barely got the studs in last weekend torqued them to 135 doing retorques this weekend and im not over fueling and it cleans up pretty well at 55.... have no clue what my drive pressure is and my fass 95 keeps up ok it will hit 10-12psi wot... i really dont like the turbo but its all i have for now i want a 66 of some kind either ED or II... that or twins i want around 750 horse i just dont know why it wont hit 60 its not wastegated i think my setup is pretty ok i have researched alot its not what i want but it works for now and my truck is not a common rail haha! and yes i understand that boost does not make power? what would be the best thing to do with my setup twins?

Last edited:
Well if you setup twins... Make sure you have an escape route because if one talks to the other... Bad news for you hanzae.

you mean if i blow one up and suck it into the other thats probably not gonna happen right off the bat ha

What you need is a wastegate it would probably make it way easier for that thing to make more boost

I'm sorry but my ignorance is going to show. I thought you only need valve springs for high rpm or high boost 80+. Not trying to wreck this

Anything usually over factory boost pressure valve springs and retainers are suggested. The higher you go on boost the more chance of valve float or worse drop a valve you have. And with 750hp I would invest in cam and pushrods head work before you get there.
It makes me laugh when people think you can take a stock truck throw a **** load of fuel and a **** load of air and everything will be perfectly fine. Usually it all ends in a louad and expensive BOOM!

Your supposed to have valve springs to run 50psi? :eek:

This 62 makes a little over 50psi but my 66 made 60psi on stock valve springs guess i better get the springs out from under the passenger seat and put them in the truck

Like I said just suggested. You don't have too but your taking a chance at messing something and spending big money. And as far 750 would go I would make everything bullet proof before I hit that mark. Take my truck for instance, I've got a strong fuel system and a stock charger. I hit 475 on the dyno and I don't plan on going any further till I get cam pushrods springs bigger charger real head studs and a manifold. Until then no more upgrades other then better tuning.

i am not going to have 750 or probably even close to that till the end of next year and im going to do a cam and have my head ported and polished, firerings, and everthing but i have made up my mind its getting diesel power source 64 over s480 twins until then i will put up with 55 psi from this junk aurora haha just got my 3 piece manifold today so we will see if that helps any... and for having 475 horsepower on a stock turbo u are overspeeding that hx35 so much its probably going to grenade!!

It's accually a he351 the 03 he341 was the one similar to a hx35 or hy35 and I know I am but waste gate is being used so it's not extremely over spooling it. But I know I need a 62 or something small I still tow and dd my truck

An old thread on this site said stock vp springs had close to 80lbs installed height and 150lbs across the nose of stock cam. Soup nazi stated this in 24v valve springs, 60lbs

my bad i was thinking you had a 24 valve not a common rail but yes i will be putting valve springs in in a couple weeks is it hard to install them i have never done it

well if another guy is saying this it might be true but in my opinon i wouldnt push over 40 on stock valvetrain. look at it this way. keep stock valvetrain and drop a valve screw the head all up mess up a piston and or cylinder wall all because you didnt want to spend a couple hundered on valve springs and retainers

It not a CR. I run 220's with a Aurora 4000. 55psi boost, cleans up to slight haze.

Ok thats fine but 1450* is probably a little inefficient, thats what he has going on.

How is the smoke control OP? who's stix do you have?

Last edited:
haha i have valve springs ordered and i know plenty of people who run 60 on stock valve springs and stock head bolts with twins

Back