625cc's @ 2800rpms?

Kern

Just got the chance at a pump that has been rebuilt with a 4000 gsk, mack rak plug, dv's and a tuned afc pushing 625cc's at 2800 rpms, 290cc with no boost, and 25cc's at idle, at full output. and apparently the pump builder suggested 7x16 injectors.. wat kind of horsepower does that equel too with the right amount of air? Wat kind of twins could keep up?

Last edited:
that must be a built with 13 mm plungers and barrels. that will support over 750 hp. if the #s are real. some builders have been known to use there on scale. ask him if it was tested at 2800 or 1400 and just doubled. it takes a big pump stand to run a 13mm p pump.

Usually about 2hp per cc, so 1,250 hp....if you can clean it all the way up. Probably a big IF, that's a lot of fuel!

I personally know the pump builder, he works at injection services of illinois, and they do all injections pumps and injectors for altorfer, so the racks big enough, cause i remember i went in there to talk to em one day and he had 750cc pump on the rack i about crapped myself, it was alot of fuel.

I talked to em the other day and he said he remebers the pump and he used the stock 12mm plungers on it when he built it? he said it was crazy fast on delivering the fuel.

i got it now:D

wat kind of injectors should i run with it. He said to watch out it doesnt blow the tips off. idk if he thought i was using stock injectors or wat?:hehe:

625 cc's with a 12mm pump is borderline far fetched. If the pump actually flows that much, it's probably lazy dribbly fuel at full rack travel.

So wat injectors would b a good match? I was thinking 5x16 but wat do u guys thinks??

My 12mm was at 600cc with no plate in it but I don't remember the RPM Seth tested it at.

I have DDP comp's and like them for drag racing

Hard to argue with someone who has a sig like that! :rockwoot:

My 12mm was at 600cc with no plate in it but I don't remember the RPM Seth tested it at.

My 160 pump I had benched was something like 500cc at 1500 pump RPM. I'm guessing the 2800 stated above is for engine RPM. Otherwise, he's looking at 5600 engine RPM, a bit outside most trucks powerband.