641 HP 12 valve

for these cams, all for stock pistons correct? also, must i run 110/165lb valve springs if truck stays under 4k rpms (but over 600hp) with your cam?...i will eventually im sure but its about the $$$

sry for the hi-jack

shouldve added...what boost level compromises 60lbs springs and 110's

The cams these guys are running are aggressive to say the least. Spring changes are a must when running cams like theirs.

I have pressure up intake on 12v heads that had 60lbers and the intake opened about 30psi. On 24v's they start to open around 45-50psi depending on where the valve seat sits on the face of the valve. The wider the seat the more surface area that the boost has to work on.

Zach

Marquis of Camsbury rules.

1. To be a fair stand-up pissing contest in a public forum.
2. No wedgies or hugging allowed.
3. The replies to be no more than three paragraphs duration, and one minute's time between posts.
4. If either man gets butthurt or shows weakness , he must get up unassisted, 4 hours to be allowed him to do so, the other man meanwhile to return to his corner, and when the fallen man is on his legs the posting is to be resumed and continued until the thread is closed. If one man fails to provide specifications and dyno sheets to the thread, it shall be in the power of the moderator to call B.S..
5. A man hanging on the ropes in a helpless state, with his toes off the ground, shall be considered too drunk to post in cam threads
6. No second hand information is to be allowed in the threads.
7. Should the contest be stopped due to actual usefull information, the guilty party is to be banned for life.
8. The H.P. claims to be king-sized whether the cam be new or re-ground..
9. Should a cam gear come off, it must be replaced to the manufacturers satisfaction.
10. A man on one knee is considered to be an A$$ kisser and not allowed in the thread.
11. That no dyno sheets with spikes or correction factors be allowed. [1]
12. The contest in all other respects to be governed by the site owner.

Nice Ron. Steve, care to post up the sheet? And BTW were they running a correction factor?

I hope you will not mind me saying but it is a basic engine with marine pistons, 370's 66/71/1.1ar non gated with a 45mm external gate and a custom tubular manifold, stock head, banks twin ram, hd 199/218 cam , extreme duty pushrods and our 12v springs with our lightweight retainers and locks.

Steve is looking to use this truck in the higher rpm ranges so we gave him a fatter duration intake. It requires fly-cuts and due to the fatter duration it is not as hot on the bottom end as it could be . The reasoning for the stock head was take it as far as we could with common bolt on parts and then strap on our new head.

HELP

i just bought a 1996 dodge cummins reg cab 8ft bed its got 170,000 on it its a 5sp has #fuel plate pump turned up southbend cluch and an intake what should be my next step performance wise?

It is a big brother to a 181/210. We are redesigning it now in two versions with up to one at .335"/.360" and another one that has .360"/.360".

I hope to run 6 of our cams on Chivos truck in the next few weeks and overlay all of the dyno graphs so that customers can see the exact rpm each cam flows all the way to 4750 rpm. hopefully this fall we can get a new head on it.

Zach

Cool Zach.
It will be nice to see comparisons like that.

RonA

My truck will be similar. 66/74. except with SDX injectors. and i thought long ago these numbers were very achievable, and with a good cam...driveable

my only set back(question for hamilton) is push rods and springs. if i run 110/165, are chromalloy pushrods needed? Is anyone running stock pushrods with 110 springs with your 181/210, or 199/218? also, what kind of boost level reduction could i expect with your cam (this may determine what springs i use)

There achievable and drivable even without a cam, but with a cam, the right cam for your set up, its night and day. We have had alot of sucess with hamilton cams in three of our trucks, 2 12valves and a common rail all with S475 singles. Never thought I could daily drive a 12v with an S475 with 1.0, and the other day going up some steep hills to work in a hurry because I was late, I honestly forgot the 475 was even on there. I dont want to see this thread slowly turn into a cam compairson thread like others have. Lets keep it guys who are having sucess with Zachs cams and looking forward to the new data numbers coming up in the near future.

what turbine wheel is on the s475 that you DD? 74/83? When I used to DD my 12v with zach's 181/210 I could get my s465 with the 74/83 wheel lit by 1800 rpm. now with the 1.25 A/R it will lite by 2100

There achievable and drivable even without a cam, but with a cam, the right cam for your set up, its night and day. We have had alot of sucess with hamilton cams in three of our trucks, 2 12valves and a common rail all with S475 singles. Never thought I could daily drive a 12v with an S475 with 1.0, and the other day going up some steep hills to work in a hurry because I was late, I honestly forgot the 475 was even on there. I dont want to see this thread slowly turn into a cam compairson thread like others have. Lets keep it guys who are having sucess with Zachs cams and looking forward to the new data numbers coming up in the near future.

Whats your elevation? I live at 7000ft and spool is a huge issue. Even with this little hx40 its sometimes a challenge.

Zach- Is the 181/210 the best for spool? or are there other profiles that would be better?

I think the elevation in pittsburgh is around 1200 give or take a few hundred.

who were you talking to here? i just want to know if i can get away with cheap push rods and springs LOL

Wow those numbers are good for the mods listed! I cant wait to build my engine and put it back im my single cab since I have the 199/218 with the extreme duty push rods and beehive springs/ chromoly retainers/ locks. Ill also have twins, more fuel, and ported head.