64mm 10 blade s300 turbine wheel?

okish

I thought all 64mm/76mm s300 turbine wheels were 11 blade, 71mm wheels had 10 blades. The s300 on my 02 has a 10 blade 64mm wheel on it and the htbg that i also have has a 11 blade 64mm wheel.... is there any benefit for either?

Yea, but i always see the 11 blade 64mm wheels and 10 bladed 71mm wheels.

me too...

10 blade is probably harder to find... it might be worse, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was better. does the blade pitch look similar? a 10 blade will definately sound better than an 11 :)

if you remember back, I think the "silver" series turbos had different blade counts at some point too

It might help to know what it was designed for. Does it have a part number?

I'm not sure on this! but when I first bought my turbo a few yrs back, i was talking to city diesel and they were talkin about the 10blade 71mm wheel and how it was more efficient and it spool quicker and make more power! but I never infact changed it!

Here is a pic of it, i have no part numbers that are actually usable. It infact measures 76mm inducer 64mm (or 65 as alot of people say)exducer.

Photo0401.jpg

It might have been built for a special application, that's quite an angle on the blade turn.
Mine were built for a D346 Caterpillar generator as far as I've determined...has a C300G071 number and a 191-8023/8024 part number. Near 65mm 11 blade turbine....hard to guess with a digital caliper and odd number blades.
Think I'll turn some rings on a lathe...61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 mm to take to the boneyards.

All i can say is that it spools like a mother, sounds wicked, and the egt's are surprisingly low for a 64mm exducer.

i cant wait to get my turbo from ED that is going to have this exact turbine in it. it is going to be a 62/68/14 with the race cover. hopin to have it early in sept.!

Wes

i cant wait to get my turbo from ED that is going to have this exact turbine in it. it is going to be a 62/68/14 with the race cover. hopin to have it early in sept.!

Wes

Already have one and your going to love it. Did you get their super 62 compressor wheel?

No, it's a 68/76mm, the exducer is often hard to measure correctly.

How about some pics on proper measurement?

Here's how I do mine...I paid for a 60mm inducer (hybrid) and this is what I got.

60mmcompressor.jpg

Last edited:
Already have one and your going to love it. Did you get their super 62 compressor wheel?

yes the turbo is going to have that wheel tony, just try to get a little bit more $$$ before i get the thing built. i got the turbo on the truck sold, so now just waiting....

Wes

the 68mm 10 blade has a more aggressive blade curvation, if you plan on running nitrous, use the 71mm 10 blade wheel, and stay away from the 68 wheel. the 68 wheel will have more back pressure than the 71 wheel. both are good wheels, but they both should be used in diferent applications. as far as benifit, i would use the 68 wheel is your are looking for a fuel only quick spooling street, or sled puller. it is going to be slightly slower than say the 65 11 blade wheel, but the flow is hands down better with the 68 10 blade, and even more with the 71mm 10 blade.

Wes