650hp #2

600rwhp with 370's isn't seem out of reach, but some injectors that are a smidge bigger would make it easier! A lot of it is tuning. Like I think I said earlier, I had some Columbus Diesel 5x.017's and with just those and pump tweaking I am certain with a good amount of air 600rwhp would have been easy as pie!

Muddin_dude06 said:
600rwhp with 370's isn't seem out of reach, but some injectors that are a smidge bigger would make it easier! A lot of it is tuning. Like I think I said earlier, I had some Columbus Diesel 5x.017's and with just those and pump tweaking I am certain with a good amount of air 600rwhp would have been easy as pie!

agreed, 370 are on the edge! I wondered about DPP 4's in this area! They are bigger but no too big.

Jim

Until I have a dyno sheet to prove it, its all just a GUESS. But my GUESS is that I'm easily around the 550 rwhp mark. From my stock turbo making 440 rwhp to this turbo was night and day by a mile! And this is with my stock 181's and what I have in my sig. With the addition of a good set of DV's, a nice external wastegate setup, and some tuning I feel pretty confident my "stock" 180 pump can crack 600 rwhp. Add a cam and headwork, and then........who knows.

Hey Jim...
O Master Of P-Pump Tuning.....
I hear through the wind that your on the East Coast now.
I bring you mine down to "tune" and show me where the other shops who did my work made their respective mistakes.

Lets see here I even have a bone stock 887 laying in the shop for you to use and show me it will make more power then the two built 913's I have.

I'll just drive around in my friends Neon while your trying to prove me wrong.....Andy

P.S.-Dyno time is not a problem as we have access to either a 248C or a Mustang.

Maybe you already burned a bridge and he dosen't want to show you how$.02

Maybe you already burned a bridge and he dosen't want to show you how

Well..
I will be the first to admit I am good at burning bridges and then having to wade through deep murky water to cross back if needed.Its not the first time that has happened and its not going to be the last.

I am guessing you missed the bus somehwere on my last comment....

Hammer said:
Hey Jim...
O Master Of P-Pump Tuning.....
I hear through the wind that your on the East Coast now.
I bring you mine down to "tune" and show me where the other shops who did my work made their respective mistakes.

Lets see here I even have a bone stock 887 laying in the shop for you to use and show me it will make more power then the two built 913's I have.

I'll just drive around in my friends Neon while your trying to prove me wrong.....Andy

P.S.-Dyno time is not a problem as we have access to either a 248C or a Mustang.

Andy,

You need more AIR!:D

rams-n-hogs said:
Andy,

You need more AIR!:D

I agree! That Garrett St. III isn't nearly big enough! Hang a turbo under it or upgrade to a larger unit. That would be easier than the other alternative which would be extensive porting and a camshaft.

I had a T-88 forsale before it was forsale, Doug called me about it. As it sits right now it and the 66 are sold long before they were ever listed. It's almost a shame as they have so little time on them the housings weren't even dis-colored but I still paid to have them gone through......the 88 was perfect.

Jim

Buck88 said:
I posted this awhile back on TDR, just wanted to get some more opinions. My goal is like 650hp on fuel, and 850hp on the juice. I'm thinking of this...

PDR Ported, O-ringed head
12mm Studs
PDR Street cam or F1 Helix
II Dragon Fly pump 550cc
II Dragon Fly injectors
II Silver Bullet
Spearco Intercooler

oh and eventually a little gas:evil

Am I missing anything? Any other suggestions?
-------------------------------------------------------
Buck88:

I was surfing through this section and saw your thread. Wow,......looks like it is has been a little "warm" in here!:hehe:

Buck, it looks to me like you are on the right track to achieve your goals. I do not have any experience with the "Dragon Fly" Products as Scheid Diesel is my shop. I read through the posts from the Members and have to say that when my truck (1996 Dodge CTD 12 valve) was at that H.P. level (650 H.P. on #2) I had a Scheid built 180 P-7100 Pump and it had the fuel set at about 350cc's, 191 delivery valves, stock 12mm barrels/plungers, 4,000 gov.springs and a set of Scheid's 5X.012 Injectors. I had Scheids Twin Turbo set-up with an HX-40/16 on the top and an S-400 on the bottom along with 14mm studs and firerings. I can tell you that I do not believe the truck would have been able to hit over 600 H.P. if that 180 P-7100 Pump had been stock. I now have a Bosch 913 P-7100 Fuel pump on my truck which was set-up by Scheid Diesel and can tell you that it is much hotter than the 180 pump was, but I have done more to it also. I cannot say whether a "stock 913 P-Pump"
would give you the fuel you want for your numbers. If my memory serves me right, the STOCK 180 pumps were set-up from the factory flowing about 160-180ccs while the 215 style pumps were "set" at about 190-210ccs.

Good luck on your project!

---------
John_P

Andy,You need more AIR!

Thanks Pappy!!!!!!!

I am thinking that I have enough hot air though....
Ooopppsss....You mean the truck..I get it now.

I'm confused now, imagine that! When the term "stock" is getting thrown around, what are we talking about? I was thinking stock as in never have been off the truck. But things like a gsk, plate, dv's, afc mods, rack travel mods, etc. were in the "stock" category.

B18B1LS1 said:
I'm confused now, imagine that! When the term "stock" is getting thrown around, what are we talking about? I was thinking stock as in never have been off the truck. But things like a gsk, plate, dv's, afc mods, rack travel mods, etc. were in the "stock" category.

Agreed. Define "stock". I don't even consider my pump stock, and all it has is a plate, springs, and a few AFC tweaks.

Personally, I think Hammer's point is being missed. He's merely saying theres way more to building a 600+ 12V than just the pump. If I was a new guy at this, I might come to this board with my old dinosaur and think, "Wow, I can get 600+ out of this thing without doing a lot of work." Since I've been around this a while, I understand the difference. But others might not.

Muddin_dude hit the nail on the head. There's way more to it than just the pump, or we would see a lot more 600+ hp 12Vtrucks. Including mine.

On edit - It's not even as easy on a 3rd gen as people are led to believe.

Last edited:
rams-n-hogs said:
Agreed. Define "stock".
Most people use "stock" when talking about the p-pump to refer to a pump that has never been on a bench. All stock internals, but (most likely) a different plate, GSK, timing change, AFC mods...

Pappy...
The loose definition of "stock" is what I was vainly trying to refer too.IF,as I said already,a box stock 887 could make 600+ then we would have seen waaaayyyyyy more trucks over the 600hp mark,at or on posted dyno show results across the country.Instead of 600+ being a rare occurrence it would then be the norm and trucks with power like that would be plentiful.

If a newbie 12v owner would read what was written in this thread,besides them thinking I was off my rocker a few times,they would assume that no parts were needed for better than 600hp.I am still searching for the "presentation" that I missed in my trucks tune-up.

MKoth..
There are some here who would say ''careful who you pick as your hero" LOL.

I will now go back to my mind exercises and try and figure out what the 790hp little VP 44 had to do with this thread......:banghead: :banghead: ....Andy

Clearification:

Stock Cam
Stock 12mm P&B's
Stock holders
Stock 181 DV's

I'm not much of a big DV type but I do like bigger holders as the stock ones have a .025 oriface.....I think!

Jim

Now it makes sense, stock is considered "as delivered from Cummins". I would agree with Hammer as well, no, a "stock" pump will not get anywhere near 650hp!

Back