66/73/.91 bw

Cummins_311

I've been really thinking of going this route for a single.

Mods are in my sig. 3.73's with a G56. Think I can spool this turbo easily? Will be running stock sticks for a good while until I can save up for something (idk which yet).

I'm just afraid of some lag......I like a fast spool up and prefer stock like. Want to push 660hp + (as close to 700 as I can get)

Or would I be better off with a 64/71?

Once I do get the $$ for sticks, I'm probably going to look into 90's.

On a CR I wouldn't worry about spooling that turbo. They can spool turbos so much easier than the dinosaurs can and a lot of people make 700hp with that turbo. From what I've read about them they survive much longer under or around 50psi

I ran that turbo on a VP44 with 3.73's and 33's. You'll be fine.

That turbo will not spool like stock, you will have some lag. If you are going to shoot for 6-700 hp on a single charger you are going to have more lag than stock, the only way around that is with twins. But a 66 will be perfectly drivable with good tuning.

pretty darn close to stock? I'd be set on the Fleece HE351 63mm however I don't see it pushing my goal....I see it around 625hp range

Last edited:
Its not gonna spool like stock. If you want close to stock spool as well as 700hp you either need twins or a supercharger and turbocharger setup.

I have the bw 467.7 with flux 3.3 nozzles and it has more lag than id like it doesnt spool until 1800+ rpm

I have 75's and this charger sitting in a box waiting to go on. hopefully by saturday. i'll let ya know how it does with my mods

My S366 spools great with efi and tows well, also it'll make near 800hp.

Ran 114mph@7500# few weeks ago at 48psi...that's ~750hp.

for 650-700hp a 63 or 64 would drive closer to stock. And would work much better with 90s and a arson III kit.
I have the same truck as you, with that turbo and it definitely doesnt light as fast as stock. but when it does, it will put a smile on your face.

you can get a tune with efi that will make that will make that turbo perfect for driving everyday. but to use the potential of the s366 youll need more than 90s and an expensive cp3 setup.

S363/.68/.91 T-4 will spool quick and yes it'll cool 630hp nicely.

I ran a box 66 with stock fuel an UDC and it wasn't that bad. Definitely some lag but nothing thatbisnt tolerable. I also ran it with exergy 60% covers and a 85% cp3. That is a good combo. I loved that combo. Recent spool and great top end pull. Does get a little warm on higher rpm pulls but not bad. I would recommend it. I know a few people running it on stock fuel and efi and like it.