66mm billet wheel too big for DD???

Thinblueline24v

I am ready to get a bigger charger and I know a 64 would be great for DD, but I was thinking with all this new technology about running a 66 with a billet wheel. They state is spools faster and im not towing anything heavy. Too get that big hp number that I want I thought this would be the way to go
Any good opinions?

It is my DD truck but I probably drive it 4 or 5 days a month. I work alot.

Im running a 66 billet on my setup, its not too bad but I have an intake leak I need to fix which i'm sure will help spoolup. Towing is a little challenging but doable mine is a 5 speed so its a little easier for me to get on top if it. It all depends on what you'll put up with.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I agree about the injectors. I am replacing the injectors when I get the turbo. I was thinking of 7x12's. I want to run that turbo up near 55 to 60lbs. if I can.:charger:

I ran a 66/71/14 on my 12 valve with 5x0.018 sticks and it worked good as a dd, I just had to spend a lot of time tuning to keep it from being smoky....just my $.02

sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using tapatalk

The truck in my sig is a DD, runs great and i wouldnt run anything smaller for an all around play toy.

some good numbers have been layed down with a 64mm on a vp truck because of RPM limitations.... there are a few making some good numbers with a 66mm.... so either way will be fine..... but I think unless you are shooting for over 600hp with a single, go with a 64... it will be more fun to drive....not sure on the billet stuff though

I ran a 66/71/14 on my 12 valve with 5x0.018 sticks and it worked good as a dd, I just had to spend a lot of time tuning to keep it from being smoky....just my $.02

sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using tapatalk

I ran a Silver Bullet on my 12V with 5x14 injectors and a 91 converter, had it nailed for low smoke and drive ability but a slightly looser converter would be better.

BOTW, a 91 will roll the tires over in a power break at 1800!

Jim

I have a silver bullet on my 02 24V with mach 8's (6X16"s) in it with a 91 converter and it is a smoke machine. Everything turned down or off it still hazes at any % of throttle. I hate how smoky it is but when it hits it hits hard. You will either learn to drive it in the most respectful streetable manor or sell it all off. Also forget about towing with this setup. Flat land at 70mph and 70-80* out with a 22' box trailer it cruses at 1200-1300 thick smoke the entire time. Climbing a hill it starts poring the thickest, blackest, most chewable smoke out. I almost refuse to tow anymore and use the truck as a toy.

Heath a 74 wheel on a VP is pointless IMO. Way to big. The 71 wheel I ran wasn't bad at all. Definitely better than that.

Heath a 74 wheel on a VP is pointless IMO. Way to big. The 71 wheel I ran wasn't bad at all. Definitely better than that.

I'm running the 74 wheel now & at the big end of the track, I had to clamp the wastegate down & run 7x.014 sacs to make enough drive pressure to keep the tires digging. I really like this 74 wheel on the street. Perfect match for my setup.

I have been in trucks with the 71 and that's why I settled for the 74. The 74 isn't to big for me, I like the way it drives and hits. I am a dumb ass though and I just drive what I have.

Back