66mm billet wheel too big for DD???

Well I haven't seen or personally driven a billet 66, but If I get some sac 7x12's and a 66/74/14 with a t3 manifold, I think I could develope enough velocity to drive it daily and still make big power. Yes Im shooting for a 600+ number. I want a killer street truck. Im tired of 400hp gassers keeping up with me.:charger:

I have a silver bullet on my 02 24V with mach 8's (6X16"s) in it with a 91 converter and it is a smoke machine. Everything turned down or off it still hazes at any % of throttle. I hate how smoky it is but when it hits it hits hard. You will either learn to drive it in the most respectful streetable manor or sell it all off. Also forget about towing with this setup. Flat land at 70mph and 70-80* out with a 22' box trailer it cruses at 1200-1300 thick smoke the entire time. Climbing a hill it starts poring the thickest, blackest, most chewable smoke out. I almost refuse to tow anymore and use the truck as a toy.
8's are 6x.016?

I am ready to get a bigger charger and I know a 64 would be great for DD, but I was thinking with all this new technology about running a 66 with a billet wheel. They state is spools faster and im not towing anything heavy. Too get that big hp number that I want I thought this would be the way to go
Any good opinions?

It is my DD truck but I probably drive it 4 or 5 days a month. I work alot.

You will only be driving the truck 4 or 5 days out of the month?? Get the 66 as long as you dont plan on towing anything heavy.

All the research I have done comes back to that. I think that's a little big but that is what I am finding. I wouldn't mind knowing for sure.
The 7s are 7x.012 if I'm not mistaken. Seems like a huge jump for 10hp or whatever they are. Hopefully someone knows.

The 7s are 7x.012 if I'm not mistaken. Seems like a huge jump for 10hp or whatever they are. Hopefully someone knows.

See I have been told they are lower hp but built for nitrous. Someone needs to chime in.

Maybe check out the 66 with Batmo wheel from CPP. I've heard great things about quick spool up and the ability to daily drive. Run with a set of 250 injectors, those should light it pretty quick.

I might upgrade to the batmo 66/74, currently have a billet 66/71, anyone have any results for the batmo vs standard billet, let me know!

66/73/13 with Mach 7's spools fine I really haven't towed anything to heavy. But it's a fun little set up I have a Cam and springs also. Soon to be a 88 underneath the 66.

Jacksondog,

I was looking at the 66 batmowheel. I wanted a 66/71/14 because I thought it would spool better still for daily driving and be a better bottom turbo for a twin setup. If i stayed with a single 66, I would probably go with the 66/74/14.

whats going to be the best injector size to light that turbo and make 650+hp???
It still needs to be streetable though.

I wish I would of went with a 66/74 now, it would help with drive pressure better from what I am reading. But like you said probably harder to spool in a twin setup.

I would say a 250hp injector. Cant go wrong with any vendor on here.

I wish I would of went with a 66/74 now, it would help with drive pressure better from what I am reading. But like you said probably harder to spool in a twin setup.

I would say a 250hp injector. Cant go wrong with any vendor on here.

the 71mm turbine will create lower drive pressure than a 74mm...

Back