66mm in a twin setup on a common rail?

I guess if they weigh very close to the same, but they can pitch the blades more aggressively to move more air...and money was no object...then it might be worth it, otherwise, cast wheel it is...

The cost of a billet wheel is somewhere around $650 for wheel and race cover.

Not a huge difference. Just realize its pros and cons.

I never went deeper into changing the pitch, blade number, ect. I know my goals are totally possible with a cast wheel.

Its kind of like bw vs. Garrett. 300 rpm faster spool, 30 more HP for the Garrett but it's about $800 more than a comparable be charger.

Is it worth the added cost? ??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Are you running a billet wheel in the 88? Or is that the only option to gettin an 88?

If the 80 was a cast wheel, and the 88 a billet...maybe the weight difference helped retain the spool up.

Both running 96/1.32 exhaust housings as well?

Both are cast wheels, with 96/1.32 exhaust housings. One difference is that the 480 was a standard compressor housing, and the 488 is a race housing.

Paul

So if I was gonna drive my truck on the street with decent spool up not much less than it has now, what primary do I need to run with my 66? And should I run a wastegate as well?

So if I was gonna drive my truck on the street with decent spool up not much less than it has now, what primary do I need to run with my 66? And should I run a wastegate as well?

80, 82, or 88 should be fine. You don't have to run a gate but I'd certainly recommend it.

It really depends on what your goals for your truck is. My build a drag based that will be driven on the street. I'm ok with throttle touchiness.. and without EFI live I would certainly go more streetable.. ie..A 63/68 over a 78/92 or 87

So I should look into getting rid of my 66 in favor for a smaller one if I plan on streeting the truck all the time? 200s and dual cp3s won't be too much fuel for something else? Also trying to keep it all in one piece lol never messed with twins before. Real newbie to all of this

It all depends.on your goals. Don't plan on towing with a 66 over.an 8x. Tell.is.what you.wanna do with your truck

What are the specs on your 66? 74 or 71 exhaust wheel?

I'd say a 80,82 or 88 compressor side with a 96 exhaust wheel and a 1.32 housing. Tmoney has a good deal on an 88.

I have not ran this set up yet so i can't tell you how well it will drive. Hopefully someone can give you a better opinion.

Keep in mind IM going after 1000hp with a 66/74 feeding a 88/96.

IM not a fan of the 71 wheel. Doesn't flow as much as a 74 and the 68 almost flows as much and lights much faster.

I'd get with a Turbo shop. Jose @ forced inductions. Chris @ ED. Take your pick. They will all treat you right and lead you in the right direction

If all you want is 800 you dont need that 66. A 63/68 would be more fun on the street in a compound setup.