67 camaro dumax swap in future

CTD03

One Hot 03
well guys i been thinking

the plans are
buy the 67camaro drag car off my girl friends father been dating her for 3 years plans are getting hitched so i want this car really bad but he wont sell hes an old hot rodder gggggrrrr

the cars not pretty but it does have a mild 355 in it and is gutted inside the car does run

dont know much about cars but will be learning soon

what would be the best combo for this as in the engine and transmission ( i am going to see it the 12 bolt will handle the dmax????

i plan on simple mods at the begging i know efilive or ppe will be on the car

will 500hp be easy to get with what ever year engine

500 should easily be had with ppe or EFI on any year engine.

with that ruff number what all is need i am guessing pusher pump and injectors, maybe cp3??

head studs also

what is the best year of dmax engine to get a hold of?

too bad you werent looking last fall when i sold my 67 camaro!! sold it to a family in arizona that bought it for their 16 yr old DAUGHTER!!

Camaro4.jpg

Camaro2.jpg

Camaro.jpg

Camaro3-1.jpg

too bad you werent looking last fall when i sold my 67 camaro!! sold it to a family in arizona that bought it for their 16 yr old DAUGHTER!!

that car in that condition i wouldn't be putting a dmax under that hood

way to clean i will try and get some pics of the old car

the 67 i want doenst have any rust but i was the v6 version and then got hacked up once had a sun roof in and welded back shut so i am not to worried about doing any thing pretty

thanks for the pics 67-69 are my favorite years

a mild turbo, injectors and EFI Live will easily get you over 500 HP

Forget the mild turbo and injectors. EFIlive will get you over 500 hp by itself. You don't need injectors until 600+ hp. I don't think you can really go over 600-650 on the stock bottom end or you're asking for trouble.

sweet no injectors need that greats no turbo even better so will the engine hold together at 500hp with out studs and will the turbo handle heat??
cause i am going to drag race this car

Lift pump and EFI live for a consistent 500hp, no studs required.

TTS/TS MP8 got my Pig over 500 RWHP. A lift pump and a good tranny will fix it.

well guys i been thinking

the plans are
buy the 67camaro drag car off my girl friends father been dating her for 3 years plans are getting hitched so i want this car really bad but he wont sell hes an old hot rodder gggggrrrr

the cars not pretty but it does have a mild 355 in it and is gutted inside the car does run

dont know much about cars but will be learning soon

what would be the best combo for this as in the engine and transmission ( i am going to see it the 12 bolt will handle the dmax????

i plan on simple mods at the begging i know efilive or ppe will be on the car

will 500hp be easy to get with what ever year engine

built 12bolt most likely hold 500hp+. built TH400/4L85E is needed unlees you want to mod the floor pan for an alli..
any dmax is a tuning onely ~650FWhp/500-550rwhp with 20% drive train loss
stock stuf are good till ~600 ~50psi boost
good tranny, lift pump and good tune will be 500
LB7/LLY can be made to run 2 to 5 tune switchable. via efi live.

Coonsmile, that was a sweet 67 you had!

purchased car from an old timer across the street for $4000...invested $8000 and sold for $18500...not the best turn over on profit but needed the cash at the time. im sure in about 30 or so years, i will regret not holding onto that car.

sweet no injectors need that greats no turbo even better so will the engine hold together at 500hp with out studs and will the turbo handle heat??
cause i am going to drag race this car

this is going to be a cool build...i will be keeping an eye on this thread so get some pics of the camaro u wanna use

built 12bolt most likely hold 500hp+. built TH400/4L85E is needed unlees you want to mod the floor pan for an alli..
any dmax is a tuning onely ~650FWhp/500-550rwhp with 20% drive train loss
stock stuf are good till ~600 ~50psi boost
good tranny, lift pump and good tune will be 500
LB7/LLY can be made to run 2 to 5 tune switchable. via efi live.

wow ok well then i have a half decent start then if he will sell me the dang car

i was thinking nv4500 or the zf6speed

yes i know its going to take some time but i dont mind i want to do this right the first time

thank for your info

this is going to be a cool build...i will be keeping an eye on this thread so get some pics of the camaro u wanna use

will get some pics

this is going to be hard to get a hold of i have already been bugging the man for 2 years and nothing yet maybe when i put a dang ring on his daughters hand he will sell it to me

maybe when i put a dang ring on his daughters hand he will sell it to me

:hehe::hehe: lets be honest here...you really dont want to marry this girl

you just want to slap a ring on her finger in exchange for a classic muscle car...not a bad idea

:hehe::hehe: lets be honest here...you really dont want to marry this girl

you just want to slap a ring on her finger in exchange for a classic muscle car...not a bad idea

67 camaro
41willys coupe (my future rat) rod with a cummins 4bt(sorry another storys
gto
41 sedan
78 chevy pickup need restored

o sorry the list goes on