6x0.018" 155°

I'm going to ask the obvious question, why use a wider angle than factory for a performance injector?

I hate to crap in someone else thread, in the section of the site that they pay to advertise in, but then again, you didn't seem to mind when you posted that.

I'm not looking to start a fight (again) but I am curious to why its OK for you to use a 155* nozzle.

I hate to crap in someone else thread, in the section of the site that they pay to advertise in, but then again, you didn't seem to mind when you posted that.

I'm not looking to start a fight (again) but I am curious to why its OK for you to use a 155* nozzle.

Did you miss this?

Two sets were originally done, ideally suited for use in the 2.6/2.8" Class P-pumped 24v with a 3" piston bowl.

Two other sets being done now that are 148° like I mentioned in my PM, and that is factory angle, not altered by EDM.

What is the advantages/disadvantages with different bowlsize? Is it just to alter compressions ratio?
//nilsson

the bowl shape and size is determined by the factory to correspond with the injector being used in that vehicle. Matches the spray pattern and range of timing a stock truck will be using.

However, here in CompD land, guys like to push the envelope a little bit. So you may find someone running a piston with a bigger bowl size to allow more timing to be used without having your injector spray outside the bowl.

A larger bowl widens the contact area of the cone, spreading the flame over a larger surface area, an increase in quench area allows for a better air/fuel mixture.

A larger bowl widens the contact area of the cone, spreading the flame over a larger surface area, an increase in quench area allows for a better air/fuel mixture.

And I'm sure you've got the KIVA analysis that shows exactly how that plays out, right?

kiva.gif