7.3 bogging down and dying at 40+mph?

yea there wasnt even a maf sensor on it it was cut off or something haha so getting that replaced and also the damn impeller had alot of damage to it like its chipped and stuff so going to get a new one of those also. lol what could cause the impeller to have damage to it?

yea, well looked at it more closely and the pedistool is leaking oil prett badly but the ebpv valve is built into it and thats not working so does that mean i have to get a whole new pedistool or is there an easier/cheaper way?

o and from the manifolds back at the y pipe is where its leaking at, the weld broke.(im not sure what the y pipe is but thats what my buddy described it at. anybody know where to get a new y pipe thanks everybody

it sounds like the screen on the end of the pickup tube in the tank is plugger up. there is a srceen in the end of the sending unit when you take it apart. you can just pull it apart, hit it with some brake clean and put it back togrther. but while i have the tank dropped i would defin clean the tank.

oh yeah. you can put a vaccum guage on the supply line before the fuel pump. i would try that before dropping the tank.

Very good point ACU. I forget about that.... very good point indeed. But you would also see that in a fuel psi check. The bad part is, on a SD, there is no fuel test port.

You would also need the truck not to smoke like a freight train when it's falling on it's face before a lack of fuel diagnosis would make any sense.

True, very true. Surely with all the ideas we'll get this nailed down.

yea, i appreciate all of the input guys, i orderd some stuff for it and hopefully itll get fixed up and road worthy. going to be working on it all next week helping my friend on it so hope it all goes well. thank you all again

hey everybody i appreciate the help on the 7.3 with all the problems. not sure if its fixed yet but i replaced some stuff on it.
icp sensor
cam shaft sensor
just orderd a new y collector pipe cause broke the last
ebpv delete kit and new pedistal
map sensor
fuel filter
oil filter and oil
turbo reinstall kit
injector orings
turbo pedistal o rings
turbo comp wheel
and i think that about sums it up. im waiting on the new y collector pipe but when i was replacing the fuel filter i noticed the diesel that wan in there was pretty cloudy and also the fuel guage inside the truck stops at half a tank instead of empty. so what do yall think could be the problem there. should i dropp the tank and clean it out somehow. if so how do i do so. thanks everybody!!

m actually about to get that checked out tomarrow, my buddy thats putting the thing back together is going to be finshed with it tomarow and if it doesnt run any better were going to pull the tank next week and clean it out and also the sending unit like you have said, thanks again for all your help and ill let you know how it goes!

Back