7.3 died & wont start again

twelch3

my paw-n-law bought this truck,gave me 1grand to put in it.I got him a ts perf 6 position chip,4 inch mbrp exhaust,& diy stage 1 injector rebuilds from rosewood diesel.truck has ran fine for 6 months til yesterday.just stalled at idle, wouldnt crank again.today i checked the connection to the chip,cleaned it just in case,took the fuel filter out of the bowl,still no luck, put batt charger on cranks good but just wont run.all help is greatly appreciated.THANX

Get a scanner and let us know the codes. Could be a cps but also check the that you did not blow the fuse for the fuel bowl heater, also the IDM fuse I think.

You try firing it without a chip? I would look hard at the CPS as well.

You try firing it without a chip? I would look hard at the CPS as well.

yes, i tried to crank it with the chip out while i was cleaning the chip connection.acted the same ill try a new cps thanks fellas

installed new cps, still wouldnt start,bled air valve? on side of fuel bowl,she fired right up.does anyone know if these OBS trucks have the same problems in the fuel tanks as 99s and on?

Fuse

Did it just all of a sudden die on you? This happend to me once and it WAS NOT the CPS.

What happened is over the weekend I replaced the fuel filter and then by Wed. the temps cooled down some (somewhere below -45*/ -65*W.C.) and I got stuck leaving work. It just up and died on me. It would crank and crank but i didn't get the WTS light. Froze my ass off, had it towed to a shop, he looked at it for 4 hours and altogether it cost me over $400 and I had to borrow a car for over a week for him to tell me that when I replaced the fuel filter I must have moved or damaged a little wire or something in the bottom of the bowl (fuel heater I think), he unpluged it, replaced a fuse under the hood and told me not to worry about not having the fuel bowl heater any more. After running and driving the truck around for a couple of hours the fuel in your tank should be well above freezing, even on a really cold day because of the fuel return...

You know that I think about it I don't think it would crank over...

:rockwoot:

Last edited: