7.3 high hp build

The guy that did ours is up by toledo oh i'll have to look his name up. it's a sweet deal but lot of work it comes with all straight cut gears his setup cost around 4k

somebody's looking for big power:poke: You plan on running with BTPA with this????
Thats what Im planing on doing. Not sure if going to go to badger state only yet or not. I would like to put a drop box in also so if I do that I can only pull with badger state.

The guy that did ours is up by toledo oh i'll have to look his name up. it's a sweet deal but lot of work it comes with all straight cut gears his setup cost around 4k

that sounds pretty reasonable. I guess you have to come up with the pump injectors and head work after that so still not going to be cheep but might be managable.

Thats what Im planing on doing. Not sure if going to go to badger state only yet or not. I would like to put a drop box in also so if I do that I can only pull with badger state.

If I was a betting man it wont be long and it will have a drop box setup or it will be sitting in the garage in pieces wishing it had a drop box setup. No offense but with this combo correctly done up is an easy 1000 h.p. motor and sorry to say but its a pipe dream if you think that (BTPA) one ton or smaller drive parts rules are going to hold together. Another reason why I dont agree with there rules but it just my .02 cents. If I was in your seat it would have a open drive line and I would be pulling BSTPA and Tri-state if they get the class in this year.

kinda crazy these folks want to ruin the perfectly good injection system on the powerstroke. its not dead yet, not even close. heui injection will rule the world soon. the p-pump idea ... not worth it in my opinion.

I don't know that it'll "rule the world" anytime soon....but there's still some advancements to be made.

A mechanical pump though....that's the kinda madness I love to see.
Someone should do that in a drag truck someday just to see what'll happen.

I'm a little supprised that Zane didn't do that in his new rail.

I don't know that it'll "rule the world" anytime soon....but there's still some advancements to be made.

A mechanical pump though....that's the kinda madness I love to see.
Someone should do that in a drag truck someday just to see what'll happen.

I agree that would be sick to see a 7.3 down the 1/4 in double overtime status!!!! Is there any Ford out there in Pro Street???????

kinda crazy these folks want to ruin the perfectly good injection system on the powerstroke. its not dead yet, not even close. heui injection will rule the world soon. the p-pump idea ... not worth it in my opinion.

I like the heui system and have spent quite a bit of money on it in the last year so I plan on keeping it for a while but if all these rumers dont pan out and I decid to go bigger than what the heui system can handle in the distant future I will p-pump a 7.3

good luck tring to keep up with something connected to your crank. heui is the worst one to boot!!!!

gotta agree with a few, the HEUI system will always be second place, unless someone really puts some serious R & D into it.

look at the fastest/most powerful trucks--all mechanical injection

I would actually think it would be good for some 7.3's to start popin off some high hp numbers cuase the 12v/hpcr cummins/duramax have had some really good dyno #'s and 1/4mile times lately

Anyone found the shop that built Billy Zimmer's truck yet? He is from Il and the shop is the local area diesel shop. Well it does have two locations. why if people know the shops name do they not give it out? Does this local area diesel shop not want people to know that he is currently p-pumping a couple 7.3 and also a d-max? Or do people who know just want to keep this area diesel to themselves?

alot of billy's work was done at scheid's effingham shop. im sure you can call there for more info.

wipe out did alot of the machine work the mounts gear cover/housing and the gears orso they told me and they said that Billy does the injector hold downs ,the rockers and the fuel system stuff. they told me it is about 12,000.00 for the setup

alot of billy's work was done at scheid's effingham shop. im sure you can call there for more info.

From what I gather they didn't build the truck, though. Shieds got it built and then worked to improve the fuel output. Then it went back the shop that built it.

Anyone found the shop that built Billy Zimmer's truck yet? He is from Il and the shop is the local area diesel shop. Well it does have two locations. why if people know the shops name do they not give it out? Does this local area diesel shop not want people to know that he is currently p-pumping a couple 7.3 and also a d-max? Or do people who know just want to keep this area diesel to themselves?

there is an injection shop, (i think they do other performance work too) over in Illinois, that I think has a couple of locations, that is called "area diesel" Shirley that's not what they are talking about?