7.3 Or 5.9

Go with a CR 5.9.
Floor it stage II+
DDP 110's
studs
GDP fuel system
Twins ( could have spent less on a single but like super quick spool up)
Edge EZ
Triple dog
boost fooler
This gave me 639HP, not only that but when i made that on the dyno i had driven it 1200 miles hauling a trailer to get their and another 1200 back. Never any problems, daily driver and it runs good times. Show me a 7.3 that can do that without a crap load of money. Of course the tranny will cost you.

RSieck said:
I know a guy, he's on here...He has roughly $20k in his 7.3L now, ballpark should be upwards of 600ish rwhp...hopefully, but right now we're working on some minor problems, but they just got the motor in 2 weeks ago....FWIW

IS THAT WITH #2 ONLY, ARE IS IT WITH NITRIOUS

Fuel only.... I'm still wavering between building up my 7.3 or swapping in a CR 5.9

UNBROKEN said:
Destroked is the only placefor adaptors IMHO...but realistically it's not cheap.
You're looking at around 5G for a motor...trans adaptor, flexplate, motor mounts and PCS trans controller is around another 4000-4500 bucks depending on what you get...plus mods to the motor and labor if you pay to have the swap done.
It won't be a dime cheaper than your other plan...but it can make more power and will be stronger.

What your not including would be taking off the $ after selling the PSD parts you have. A good engine will fetch atleast 2500-3k then if you have aftermarket stuff it will fetch some back as well. Richard didnt have much of a motor left to sell LOL.

Yes you can build a 7.3 to do 600hp for around 20k on fuel, 600, 600........

Same money in a CR and you would have twice that.

Exactly what Bean said, my swap cost me nothing after selling all my psd stuff,granted I had a lot of stuff. If your doing all the work yourself and get good deals on your stuff you can duplicate my setup for about 15K. Check out my pics to see the outcome.

TEICHIN641 said:
IS THAT WITH #2 ONLY, ARE IS IT WITH NITRIOUS

#2 only, we'll have good numbers for sure this fall once all the bugs are worked out, and get it on the dyno. BTW, this will be a daily driver

bdp said:
Richard didnt have much of a motor left to sell LOL.

Yet some idiot, (ME) bought it anyway. LOL Is it ok to use :eek:wned: if I :eek:wned: Myself, or am I violating Comp D man law?

Dalpilot said:
Yet some idiot, (ME) bought it anyway. LOL Is it ok to use :eek:wned: if I :eek:wned: Myself, or am I violating Comp D man law?
:rules: ... LOL..did you need a anchor for your boat..?LOL

Have you considered going with a 6.0? I hear that they are soon going to be competing with the big dog Cummins. They are new motors and just need a little more dev time to be right there on the same level.

UNBROKEN said:
Destroked is the only placefor adaptors IMHO...but realistically it's not cheap.
You're looking at around 5G for a motor...trans adaptor, flexplate, motor mounts and PCS trans controller is around another 4000-4500 bucks depending on what you get...plus mods to the motor and labor if you pay to have the swap done.
It won't be a dime cheaper than your other plan...but it can make more power and will be stronger.
Richard,
You got any pics of yours yet? 5.9 that is.:pop:

the 6.4 should have lots of potential once it gets the bugs worked out... adn the only reason i'm saying this is cause i haven't seen one bad commonrail yet!! and this has piezo injectors which i guess would only help with driveability not all-out performance but whatever

DSALF250 said:
Richard,
You got any pics of yours yet? 5.9 that is.:pop:
I put pics of the motor in the conversion forum...nothing has been done yet as far as the swap. Parts are being ordered and delivered...and the motor will be built on a stand...then everything else will happen. I'm in no hurry...I'd rather have it done right the first time.
It's gonna drop some jaws when it's done though....that's a promise.

RSieck said:
I know a guy, he's on here...He has roughly $20k in his 7.3L now, ballpark should be upwards of 600ish rwhp...hopefully, but right now we're working on some minor problems, but they just got the motor in 2 weeks ago....FWIW
Wow, 20k? I got 75 less on about 4k.:woohoo:

CumminAtYa said:
Wow, 20k? I got 75 less on about 4k.:woohoo:

Thats prolly total, over the past 3 years of spending on it though. Has bought and changed stuff. We're diehard Ford guys, so whatever it takes right?...lmao:bang

I have a friend who had a cr5.9 that was completely stock with 185K. He broke a ring on the #5 cylinder. He had the engine rebuilt at a machine shop. Apparently the machine shop told him that this was a common problem on the CR cummins and it was always the #5 cylinder. Anyone heard of this?

Glasseater said:
the 6.4 should have lots of potential once it gets the bugs worked out... adn the only reason i'm saying this is cause i haven't seen one bad commonrail yet!! and this has piezo injectors which i guess would only help with driveability not all-out performance but whatever

I have wondered about that lately. Once a few more are on the road and some big power is made with them a swap would be nice, especially since you don't have to worry about as many emissions rules. I would wait until more are out there with more miles, and more upgrades tho.