7.3 powerstroke in 2.6 class

mjf1989

How much would it take for a 7.3 powerstroke to be competitive in a 2.6 class

not go out and win every pull but atleast be able to hang with the cummins and duramaxes

You better have $12k before you ever get into the engine.

hell you can get between 10 and 15k in a dodge, it aint gonna be cheap. the one i run with has just about everything he can do. and it still doesnt act right sometimes.

You better have $12k before you ever get into the engine.

^^^ what he said

that is the class I pull in, I dont considder my self super competitve yet but I dont feel like I am makeing a fool out of my self by goning out there and hooking at some bigger pulls. and I did sneek a couple of wins in at brush pulls last year. There is alot I can still do to my truck with out going into the engine and if all goes well I will be doing several of them this winter.
I'm not expecting to be dominating next year but hope to be pretty competitive.

Ross defiantly has one of the best running powerstrokes around here! He wasn't to far behind us Dodge boys! Even beat a few every now and then!

Good running Fords are few and far between!

But it can be done with the right combo and a little luck!

Look at Houses rig, one of the better running fords out there and still runs a stock bottom end and 200+ hooks! but it has been a long road!

Some people are brave enough to go on a stock bottom end. But you want the strenth the biggest pinch in the pocket is the Rods and Girdle. Im not afull on Powerstroke guy I just know that they are Expensive.

I think it is pretty cool to take the road less traveled, but im to big of a sissy to do it :).
Brandon

A Friend of mine dumped 18K on his 06 6.0 last winter and that was just built trans, injectors, oil pump, fuel system, heads, firerings, studs and GT42 turbo and custom SCT tuning. Probably some other stuff that I forgot.

And the truck ran good but never did better then 3rd or 4th. All I know is I'd be freakin pissed if I spent 18K and have a moderate truck. If I spend 18K it better run like a bat outta hell.

At the end of the season he had already cracked his new heads and is pressurizing his coolant.

It would be cool to have a baddass Powerstroke, but for the price tag, NO THANKS
Lavon

NO need for a aftermarket IC
i figure 10-11k tops for a manual truck

Injectors $3200
Clutch $2500
Complete turbo kit $4000
Fuel system w/pump $1000
Custom tunes $500
Dual hpop $2600
= $13,800

suspension
lockers
tires
exhaust
axles

You can fill in the rest. Those are just the high lights.

why are the turbo kits so damn high??? they aren't even that high for duramaxes... and the injectors, what's the breakdown on that price? I take it those are brand new ones modified as desired and NOT the cost to have your own stokers modified???

Some of the prices just seem inflated to me.

C-ya

The turbo needs a mounting kit. Industrial shows one, I think it's a 2.8, for $4,400. The injectors are exchanged with a core. Industrial shows them for $450. each with no core.

I just used Industrial as an example

That's why not many people pull a Ford.

Injectors $3200
Clutch $2500
Complete turbo kit $4000
Fuel system w/pump $1000
Custom tunes $500
Dual hpop $2600
= $13,800

suspension
lockers
tires
exhaust
axles

You can fill in the rest. Those are just the high lights.

Injectors $3200
Clutch $2000(sbc)
Complete turbo kit $2500 (h2e 2.6legal)
Custom tunes $500
Dual hpop $1600(Swamps Gen 3)
Push rods $200
Comp 910 Valve Springs $80
ARP Head Studs $500
= $10,380

theres my changes yes turbo could be up to 4k depding on a what turbo you want to go with but that should include a mount kit and a custom 2.6 turbo too..

H2E will work but I don't think it's enough. That price isn't a modded one either. Yes the Swamps kit will save you a few bucks. Who has the clutch for that price?