7.3 worhorse power chip

zstroken

For $$$ your name here
Anybody know much about these?

Good, bad, ???

Supposed to be 75HP chip.

whats "quite" a bit? most chips/programs will depending alot on the driver

whats "quite" a bit? most chips/programs will depending alot on the driver

Went from 16.5 to 22. Take if for what is worth.

Said it has been on the truck for 60K. Truck has 162K on it. It is a 7.3 excursion anything I should look for?

Last edited:
Went from 16.5 to 22. Take if for what is worth.

Hard to believe from a 7.3 ,not saying impossible.. but maybe very rare.If true. most gaines are in the 2-3 mpg range. Got a pic of the chip or link?

You looking for a chip or a miracle? I can get ya a chip. Fresh outta miracles thou.

No, I was just curious if someone had heard of it. Looking at a 7.3 that has one on it.

Chips can change pressures,timing,pulse width etc.. along with tranny programming depending on programs/ programmer..

Anybody know much about these?

Good, bad, ???

Supposed to be 75HP chip.

It's nothing more than a severely overpriced ICP fooler. These things have been around since before tuning became available for the Powerstrokes, and for far far far far far cheaper. It also doesn't add 75hp, more like 40 tops. You'll get a touchy accelerator pedal too.

Speaking of touchy accelerator... that's where the so-called mileage gains are seen. The mileage claim of jumping to 22 mpg's is nothing more than relying on the overhead console for mileage readouts. That display gets it's information partially from the accelerator pedal position (calculating mass fuel desired). When ICP is increased, you need less pedal to inject the amount of fuel needed. The overhead console reads that difference in pedal position, and interprets it as less fueling overall, even though it isn't. So the result is a higher reading out of the display.

There isn't really anything majorly wrong with an ICP fooler. But it doesn't come close to good tuning. In addition, that pricing for nothing more than an ICP fooler is outrageous at best. A complete rip off.

Back