7.3l shuts down?

mcmotorsports

I have a question about my friends truck, and I don't know much about it so I apologize if don't ask the right question or such, but..

01 7.3l Powerstroke, only mod is a Diablo tune, the truck will just randomly shut off. Any speed, any gear, usually when cruising, sometimes it happens 3 times a day, sometimes it will be fine for a week.

I pulled the ECM codes and came back with cam position sensor, so the question is, is the cam sensor the problem, or is there anything else that needs to be checked, or just simply swap out the cam sensor and try it?

Thanks,
MC

Change the Cam sensor. Get it from the Ford dealer or Int dealer.
Its located at the 10 O'clock position off the crank pulley.You'll need a 10mm socket and maybe a flat blade screwdriver to help pry it loose.

yeh, the recall started...........ooooo about a year ago. A new cps is only bout $26.- walk in price now.

its great how ford droped the price after it was on there dime i remember paying over 130 for one

its nice how ford drops the price after nearly everyone has replaced it out of there own pocket

its ok the recall sensors are just as bad... there nolonger a shut down problem they do all sorts of crazy crap

Thanks guys! I'll send him to the dealer for the parts, funny, AutoZone is more expensive, plus I didn't know it was a recall.

MC

Back