700 hp cummins

RogueCummins

I have an 07 5.9 cummins and am looking to make seven 700 hp with it. So far I have a k&n cold air intake, ats arc flow manifold , 5 inch turbo back exhaust and a banks six gun with power pda.
The mods I want to put on are 120 hp nozzles, fass 150, dual cp3's and also have a smarty with it. I am also wondering what type of compounds to run with this setup, I will also have a fully built sun coast tranny. Please give me your feed back. thanks

I have an 07 5.9 cummins and am looking to make seven 700 hp with it. So far I have a k&n cold air intake, ats arc flow manifold , 5 inch turbo back exhaust and a banks six gun with power pda.
The mods I want to put on are 120 hp nozzles, fass 150, dual cp3's and also have a smarty with it. I am also wondering what type of compounds to run with this setup, I will also have a fully built sun coast tranny. Please give me your feed back. thanks

Sell the kn intake (u wont need it with twins) and banks six gun the smarty is plenty of programing. Get an mp8 for a little pressure. Mpi twins is good, also shane at wicked diesels have twins that do well. In my opinion the hts tranny I have has been bullet proof thus far and cost way less than sun coast. good luck, dave

it takes details to make it a reliable 700hp and a DD, IMO.........

• you'll need bigger injectors,
  • twins are nice but, not necessary to attain that level. The combo you choose depends on what you want to do with the truck.
  • I'd by a Airdog instead of the FASS ( personal choice )
  • I don't believe you can stack the PDA and Smarty so you'll have to pick one or the other
  • a intercooler is a good idea
  • head studs would be a must
  • head work would be advised... i.e, oversized seats, springs and a porting wouldn't hurt

it can be done without some of this but, you'll have problems sooner than later.

it takes details to make it a reliable 700hp and a DD, IMO.........

• you'll need bigger injectors,
  • twins are nice but, not necessary to attain that level. The combo you choose depends on what you want to do with the truck.
  • I'd by a Airdog instead of the FASS ( personal choice )
  • I don't believe you can stack the PDA and Smarty so you'll have to pick one or the other
  • a intercooler is a good idea
  • head studs would be a must
  • head work would be advised... i.e, oversized seats, springs and a porting wouldn't hurt

it can be done without some of this but, you'll have problems sooner than later.

Ty and I differ a bit in our suggestions for this HP range...No offense Ty!!:Cheer:

- I've heard of 700+ with Flux 2's (100hp stick), So I think the 120's will do it..But I'd go with F1 Diesel Flux injectors (personal pref.)....Flux 3's or higher for the ease of getting 700+.
- Smarty and MP8!!! A Must!!!
-I still have a stock 06 metal intercooler..Handling 67+ psi and almost 800 hp..
-For daily driving, I like twins..Best of both worlds..Call Nathan at MPI....I even think his kit that use your STOCK turbo over an S400 would get you REAL close to that mark and spool up would be Freakin Awesome...Or spend the extra change and do a 62 on top with the S400 or 480..That will be plenty of air for 800+ (using the 480)
-As for HAVING to have studs, well...My head is O-ring'd with STOCK bolts tq'd to 145+ Ft.Lbs.....Holding well!!
-FASS has served me well...Great customer service aswell!...I'm sure Air Dog is Great too..
-I DO agree with the oversized seats in the head.. I did that with my head so as not to have a future problem with seats....As for the porting...It's not needed once your lit, but If you have the spare $600-800 I think it would be worth it for initial spool on the street....Kinda wished I'd had done it now..
-OH, Also a Stage 3 cp3 or better.....Just do Duals and be done with it!!!

Either way..Theare MANY ways to skin that Cat.....Good Luck!!!

I said reliable man. That hp can be achieved easily with just bolt ons but, I doubt would last long.

And no offense Dave but, you really only have maybe 20 hours if that on that motor ?? Drive it for a year or two without issue before you can be sure about those things.

I said reliable man. That hp can be achieved easily with just bolt ons but, I doubt would last long.

And no offense Dave but, you really only have maybe 20 hours if that on that motor ?? Drive it for a year or two without issue before you can be sure about those things.

TOO-SHAY!!!

Good point...I'f I can get a dang turbo exhaust housing and WG plate that's worth a dang...We'll see some more time on it.....:bang

But the stock bolt trick has been working a LONG time in Jeff's , Phils, and Darren's builds (Yes, some CR's)....So it nothing new.....

700hp+ can be achieved with a single cp3 and a 150gph lp. David me and Jay are havin the same issues your havin with the WG. I just drove mine 1200+miles this weekend and had zero problems(Thank god) and I have the similar mods that have been listed.

700hp+ can be achieved with a single cp3 and a 150gph lp. David me and Jay are havin the same issues your havin with the WG. I just drove mine 1200+miles this weekend and had zero problems(Thank god) and I have the similar mods that have been listed.

BTW....My FASS is only a 95gph pump.....Holding RP just fine...Almost 800 ponies and 11.50's......

Just goes to show that some of this stuff is overkill......

studs
flux 2.5-3 (depending on how far over 700 you want to be)
good lift pump (raptor, air dog, etc)
Good single cp3 (II's 85% works well)
TNTR with MP8, EZ, etc.
Springs if you don't already have them.

Block off your freeze plugs or buy a circulation system from one of the vendors.

Now, the turbo(s) are completely dependent on what your going to do with the truck. I have no experience with twins, so I won't give you any advice there.

If you want a drivable single that will get you to 700, an A5K with the small housing will work.

depending on what you want to do you can get 700 easy on a cr, truck in my signature just did 617hp & 1079tq all industrail injection parts.

What kind of fuel mileage are you guys getting daily driving with this kind of HP??

What kind of fuel mileage are you guys getting daily driving with this kind of HP??

If I can stand to drive it NORMAL:bang, I can see 16-18 mpg on the Hwy...

Never calculated the city stuff....No point, I can't keep my foot out of it....lol

I got 18.4 Hand calculated on my way to TS last weekend With big injectors and smarty on 5 tm 3 rp 0.

David give me a call

On the way up Ts with fuel leak i got 13.2 on way home n fuel leak fixed smarty on 5 got 18 and running 80 on parkway

If I can stand to drive it NORMAL:bang, I can see 16-18 mpg on the Hwy...

Never calculated the city stuff....No point, I can't keep my foot out of it....lol

BTW, I leave all my stuff on "Kill" except my MP8 for pressure..That stays off until I need to hand out and A$$ Whoopin!!!

Cool! I did not mean to highjack the thread. Thank you guys for that info. Carry on please.