75hp DDP injectors- Why so dirty??

Found a rather noisy boost leak, clamp wasn't tight.
Still Oralin Cole :doh: for the top half of the skinny pedal.
Cleans up to 950 deg EGTs now LOL.

Mach4s on order.

Still think you could use a larger injector

Weak.
smurfdyno8_8_13.jpg

+50whp w/ 75HP injectors and S475.
43psi 1130 deg.
DROPS LIKE A ROCK @2500, de-fueling? Hot-unlock might help.

My 100 horse DDP's are filthy in my opinion. Not near as much air though.

Really didn't smoke much on the dyno but the rolls spun up real quick compared to say throttling it up a gravel hill , so much haze ... I think my neighbor was a little pissed I left a huge cloud in his driveway no trailer on.

During the run there was NO smoke at all , clean as whistle.

I already ordered some Mach 4s as they are definitely the cleanest.
Biting the bullet and taking it as a lesson.

my truck is a 12valve.... but i have a bigger injector with my setup and they are dirty but not intolerable... 1300°F towing, never tried bury-ing it while towing though....

Have seen it touch 1400°F unloaded while racing...

Wondering if my juice might have a boost de-fuel setup... something is wrong once it hits 42-43psi, no way we should just be fully dropping power. On the road it feels like somebody shuts the motor off for a sec.
Drove it today, nothing like taking off nice and slow then seeing a huge cloud of haze...
But can't resist a drive or two, trucks been down since jan.

Well I guess I can't complain about these injectors producing...
smurf47psi.jpg

But still dirty, a bunch of ash besides the dyno.

Last edited:
Now after some miles I've seen as high as 56psi, same EGTs and my lift pump pressure is dipping to 6-7psi.
The lift pump pressure isn't good but its a sign that these injectors are moving more fuel than they where. Maybe I finally blew out some plugged holes?

Smoke isn't as bad but still would like better.

Definitely... planning on before I attempt to swap for the mach4s.
For now I'll just keep the box turned down, the current lift pump (1.5 year old factory) was keeping up on the 420HP run.