7x.012 to 6x.016 injector questions.

bsmith

Never enough
Ok I traded my m6's for some gilmore diesel performance 6x.016 with .010 lift.

Talk about some throttle response now. These feel atleast 100hp stronger than the 7x12s.

Egts are the same if not lower, boost is up a lot. But they are super dirty even just cruising with no boost. Just steady smoke coming out the exhaust.

Is it possible to run a 6 hole that's clean? Anyone know what 6x16s flow compared to m6's?

Could a dv change help with the steady smoke? I'm running full cuts at the moment.

I had a set of 6x16 SAC nozzles, loved the power, but tried everything to clean em up with no success.... I switched back to a 7 hole sac nozzle...

I had a set of 6x16 SAC nozzles, loved the power, but tried everything to clean em up with no success.... I switched back to a 7 hole sac nozzle...
What 7 hole is comparable to 6x16s?

You think the full cuts are resopmsible for steady smoke? Its almost like their dribbling fuel constantly.

A DV change made zero difference for me when going from comp dv's to 181s in 131 seats. Ofcourse my truck is a 12v though and I never ran full cuts.

I ran 6x16's with factory DV's and full-cuts and didn't notice hardly any difference in the haze. Just one of the things that come along with running 6 hole sacs. I have decided to try out a set of 7 hole sacs to see how they compare.

On the 6x16's I tried 4 different delivery valves... full cuts/ 181's/ 191's/ and 167's... All pretty much the same amount of haze. I tried different gov springs/ positions, plate options/ no plate... I tried about 15 different AFC combo's.... I even had the cam centerline measured.... here is a video of my truck idling with the 6x16's [ame="http://vimeo.com/16450992"]http://vimeo.com/16450992[/ame]

I went to a CPP 7x12 and a 7x14..... I ended up linking the 7x12 with about .015 lift. I had Weston set them up for me.

The 7x12's with .010 lift were setup by weston also, but they don't even compare.

After driving these I don't know if I could go to a lesser injector. The throttle response is un real

The 7x12's with .010 lift were setup by weston also, but they don't even compare.

After driving these I don't know if I could go to a lesser injector. The throttle response is un real

I'm assuming your running VCO nozzles??? The set I run are SAC style 7 holes...

I finally got a chance to convert a couple of extra sets so i don't have to swap nozzles any more. I've been wanting to try some 6 hole injectors, but I haven't seen any available without having them custom made.
RonA

Attachments

• injectors.jpg
    injectors.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I finally got a chance to convert a couple of extra sets so i don't have to swap nozzles any more. I've been wanting to try some 6 hole injectors, but I haven't seen any available without having them custom made.
RonA
I thought you ran some 6x.018s when you did 9xx?

Mine are dirty but my truck is a absolute blast to drive with them.

Back