7x.012 to 6x.016 injector questions.

I ran 6x16's with factory DV's and full-cuts and didn't notice hardly any difference in the haze. Just one of the things that come along with running 6 hole sacs. I have decided to try out a set of 7 hole sacs to see how they compare.

What size 7 holes are you trying? Who's 6x16s were you running?

On the 6x16's I tried 4 different delivery valves... full cuts/ 181's/ 191's/ and 167's... All pretty much the same amount of haze. I tried different gov springs/ positions, plate options/ no plate... I tried about 15 different AFC combo's.... I even had the cam centerline measured.... here is a video of my truck idling with the 6x16's http://vimeo.com/16450992

I went to a CPP 7x12 and a 7x14..... I ended up linking the 7x12 with about .015 lift. I had Weston set them up for me.

What didnt you like about the 7x14s?

So do you feel the 7x12s with lift are equal to 6x16's?

I finally got a chance to convert a couple of extra sets so i don't have to swap nozzles any more. I've been wanting to try some 6 hole injectors, but I haven't seen any available without having them custom made.
RonA

Looks good Ron :Cheer: I used to have a set of those :hehe:

I bought a set of 7x12 SACs off Jamie at CPP 6 weeks ago and still waiting for them to get here. I had a set of 6x16s for Shortbus driver on here. They were an awesome injector that made great power. I been reading and hearing that these 7 hole Sacs are some pretty good injectors too, so we'll see when they make it in.

I bought a set of 7x12 SACs off Jamie at CPP 6 weeks ago and still waiting for them to get here. I had a set of 6x16s for Shortbus driver on here. They were an awesome injector that made great power. I been reading and hearing that these 7 hole Sacs are some pretty good injectors too, so we'll see when they make it in.
Damn 6 weeks, how much longer are they suppose to be?

I'm def gonna wait till you get them to see how they compare.

What charger/s you running?

Well it was just suppose to take a couple weeks, so I don't know lol. I am gonna run them with a Batmo s466. HoPefully I'll get them tomorrow.

Well it was just suppose to take a couple weeks, so I don't know lol. I am gonna run them with a Batmo s466. HoPefully I'll get them tomorrow.
That sucks. I'm anxious to see how you think they compare to the 6x.016s.

Keep us posted.

What size 7 holes are you trying? Who's 6x16s were you running?

What didnt you like about the 7x14s?

So do you feel the 7x12s with lift are equal to 6x16's?

The 7x14's ran great in my truck, but I can control the 7x12's better for my street application, I ended up making more power with the 7x12.

It's hard to directly compare the 7x12 with the 6x16. I like having the smaller orifice, Definatly cleaner.
In my mind the 7x12 makes more then enough power. Plus, is straight up much cleaner then my set of 6x16's. Unfortunately I do not have side by side data on the same setup (6x16 vs 7x12)....

Last edited:
Who's 6x16s were you running? How is the throttle response compared to the 6x16s?

JL nozzle, Weston Built. A lot has changed since the 6x16... However the truck had quicker throttle response with the 6x16(just tapping the peddle) 7x12's get the charger's lit quicker, but tuning has changed, so not a fair fight...

Last edited:
Anyone know if I went smaller to a 6x12 or 6x14 etc.

If id have the same throttle response but cleaner while accelerating?

I just put in a set of Exergy 7 x .013's at 4.85lpm and they haze very little at idle. I can take off with light throttle and not leave a smoke trail. I am running 181's so it pinches them down a bit.

I just put in a set of Exergy 7 x .013's at 4.85lpm and they haze very little at idle. I can take off with light throttle and not leave a smoke trail. I am running 181's so it pinches them down a bit.
When do you plan to dyno these?

Did you ever try that afc spring?

I love my 6x.016s. I rarely go over 20psi with these, its just not needed.

Well, I have finally got to do my testing of these 7x14 sacs that I got from Jamie at CPP. In comparision to the 6x16s I had prior they are alot better. They haze less than the 6 holes and run strong, very strong. They perform very well on top end and run near as smokey on the bottom end. Truck runs at the same temps it did before with the 6 holes. I have not been able to and don't know when I will be able to dyne the truck as there are none very close by. But seat-of-pants tells the truck is running really good and strong. Rollin on in 4th gear and smoldering tires with ease is not hard at all now. All in all I am very pleased with these injectors and how Jamie does business. Really great guy to deal with.

Last edited:
ive been talking to jamie about running the 7x14 injectors in my 2002 dodge and the 66/71 batmowheel charger and cant wait to get a set and try them out and after seeing how dirty the 6 holes run glad he talked me out of looking into them....maybe later on when i go to p pump lol

Back