800hp 47/48re trade for built 68rfe

YOUNG GUNS15

Im AWESOME!!!!
Throwing this out there since I don’t need this much transmission for my everyday work truck and I have been wanting a 68 for the ratio spacing for better towing.

47re with 48re internals/ pump.

-Reman DPC triple disk converter
-Billet TCS Az input and output
-Laminated flex plate
-Shift kit from PDD for a 47re VB, done by me and setup for a safe 650hp currently.
-All the billet goodies, servo, accumulator, apply lever/strut/anchor, reverse servo upgraded, billet solid band.

For and additional 1000$ on top of everything I can include an ATS select shift, wire harness, and PCS 2000 standalone computer.

Looking for a mildly setup 68, I’ll consider everything but I’d like for there to be an equal amount of updated parts in the 68 as my 48 IE billet shafts, triple disc converter, upgraded VB etc.

Thanks in advance. May consider cash on top of a stock 68 I can have built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2009 68RFE I would give you. Been laying here too long, I want it gone. Was taken out for a 48RE swap and I ended up with it.

Only problem is I'm in Ohio and you're not LOL
Chris

I have a 2009 68RFE I would give you. Been laying here too long, I want it gone. Was taken out for a 48RE swap and I ended up with it.

Only problem is I'm in Ohio and you're not LOL
Chris

That is a problem. Anybody driving from Ohio to Utah anytime soon????

I know it’s backwards, but honestly it’s seems 68’s have evolved into a decent trans, and I’m dumb enough to drop one behind a torquey 12 valve with compound turbos.

I’m also sick of first gear trailer starts on a hill at 7000ft elevation. Either get on the converter hard and fast or bum around like a ford ranger pulling anything bigger than a plywood boat.

That is a problem. Anybody driving from Ohio to Utah anytime soon????

I know it’s backwards, but honestly it’s seems 68’s have evolved into a decent trans, and I’m dumb enough to drop one behind a torquey 12 valve with compound turbos.

I’m also sick of first gear trailer starts on a hill at 7000ft elevation. Either get on the converter hard and fast or bum around like a ford ranger pulling anything bigger than a plywood boat.

This is why I swapped to a G56 a few years back. I towed heavy out west and it wasn't any fun with a 47RE. I've kicked around putting a 68RFE behind a daily driven VE 12v, but not behind a Ppump truck with duel spinnerz!

For shipping, Fastenal isn't fast but it's reasonably priced and reliable.

This is why I swapped to a G56 a few years back. I towed heavy out west and it wasn't any fun with a 47RE. I've kicked around putting a 68RFE behind a daily driven VE 12v, but not behind a Ppump truck with duel spinnerz!

For shipping, Fastenal isn't fast but it's reasonably priced and reliable.

I have had zero problems once I’m on the converter, hammer down and this trans takes it all day. I just look like an asshole when that happens lol. I’d just like to tone it down with evenly spaced gear ratios. A mildly built 68 seems to be doing will at 500-550hp for daily towing. Least from what I’ve heard

I have had zero problems once I’m on the converter, hammer down and this trans takes it all day. I just look like an asshole when that happens lol. I’d just like to tone it down with evenly spaced gear ratios. A mildly built 68 seems to be doing will at 500-550hp for daily towing. Least from what I’ve heard

I have no doubt a well built 68 will hold under 600hp on a tow rig in a CR truck, doing the same in a mechanical truck might be a little more difficult. You don't really have a way to make the truck defuel on shifts and a 68 can only shift so fast.

I clicked on the link thinking you had a built 68RFE and wanted to trade for a built 47/48RE... I would have taken that deal! :hehe:

The 68RFE has come a long ways. If you get a 2010+ version, they did some VB changes that helped everything. Then if you do something to address the cross leaking in the VB (like BD's seal kit), you can crank up line pressure to ~200psi. Then if you do a pump, you can crank it to ~220psi.

For reference, I'm at 180k on my first 68RFE, running an H&S MiniMaxx (w/ Overdrive Tuning) on Tow, with the trans at 200psi line pressure, I can tow my 28' 5th wheel camper with a 16' tandem axle w/ a side by side on it. I can gun it up a hill and still not slip it.
I know lots of people have had bad luck with 68RFE's, but I've been really happy with mine. I daily drive it, and haul the family/camper around no problem!

Not sure what I'm at for HP, but I'm sure that info's out there. Just a MiniMaxx with the latest H&S tunes.