800hp w/ stock internals

CumminsPrelude said:
im looking to build a 1000+hp cummins, im getting a good job soon, and have almost no bills to pay, going to start saving all the money i can.

any parts/brand recomendations would be appreciated. had planned out a build on my honda engine, then a gmm LSX block, now we are settling on diesel.

(quick overview of my project) building a 1k+hp engine, putting it into a customized prelude, and then having some fun with the expensive sports cars at night, or just crusing on the highway. after 9-11pm the roads clear out up here its nice. (AK)

thanks for your time.

Stick with a ls type platform, from a weight standpoint and power potential you'll be very happy you did. The LSX block is pretty heavy though (220 or so for the bare block I think) so unless you feel the need to be making over 800 horsepower consistantly a ls2 block is in your future, good luck!

P.S. I think i'd shart if I saw a fricken cummins in a pre-lude rollin out, ha. I'm pretty sure the prelude would turn into a quaalude with that kind of wieght in it, lol.