86 chevy 1 ton 4x4

dodgedsl03

"NEVER SATISFIED"
So i want to buy this cab and chassie and i have a 93 rusted out 4x4 cummins to put into it. Both truck are automatic chevy is 400 dodge is 727 i beleive. So what trans do i keep or is it even an option the th400. i think th e 727 would be simpler. thanks for the help in advance. Can't wait to get started.

find the adapter plate off of the 4bt that was in the bread trucks and use the 400. being that old i think you could make any manual vb auto work just pick one and run it.

Bread truck adapter and the T400.I didn't have the torque a cummins puts out but have put more than 800hp to one with only $500 in parts (manual valvebody and 4000 lbs car).Also cheaper to build than the 727,though it is strong too.Just my opinion and it depends on the purpose the truck will be use for also??

Just all around driving and pulling trailers all around truck. I have a 03 duramax lifted and stuff and just don't drive it cause its black and i hate getting dirty cause i'm a nit picker when it comes to cleaning it. So i want to build this to be a daily driver and all arounf good running driving truck. So i have a 518 since i have over drive i know that i am just not good with the older dodge trans stuff.