86 f-250 w/94 turbo???

SCOOTER

94 came with a :ft: but turbo will not fit in the 86 f-250 4x4, what if any options do i have with a turbo on the 86? i would like to run a :ft:
the navistar is in the 86 and it runs really well without but you can tell something is missing.

what can i do?
is propane a alternative?
thanks
SCOOTER

i dont know if i would do it, my father just bought a 94 idi turbo and i have been doing some research for him. seems like the non turbo motor's wrist pins are pretty small. if you did do it i would keep boost pretty low. $.02

jamesl said:
i dont know if i would do it, my father just bought a 94 idi turbo and i have been doing some research for him. seems like the non turbo motor's wrist pins are pretty small. if you did do it i would keep boost pretty low. $.02
the 94 had a turbo on it:ft:

:poke: You can turbo any idi, with any idi made turbo. I have a hypermax on my 86 and it sees like 12 psi max. any more and you need studs. It really wakes up the old beast! It will never be a powerstroke or cummins but they are hard to kill. Mine has a lot of miles on it!! im not sure why it wont fit for you? Is your 94 a standard and the 86 an auto? The only problem i see is in the up-pipes?

greenbeast said:
:poke: You can turbo any idi, with any idi made turbo. I have a hypermax on my 86 and it sees like 12 psi max. any more and you need studs. It really wakes up the old beast! It will never be a powerstroke or cummins but they are hard to kill. Mine has a lot of miles on it!! im not sure why it wont fit for you? Is your 94 a standard and the 86 an auto? The only problem i see is in the up-pipes?
the 86 is a 4x4 with a C6
we took the 94 with turbo and tried setting in place and it just will not fit with the turbo in place

Are you putting the 94 engine in the 86? If so it should fit, will be tight but will fit.

greenbeast said:
the firewall need massaged? That is the only thing i can think of?:pop:
yes it needs a big bit of massage work but it also will probably cause the interior "cab" to be extremely hot:badidea:

any ideas on a good over drive tranny that will work with this combo,stated above:bang

might be too late. But I have a 86 crew cab 2wd with a 5 speed stick for a $1,000 bones. 918-685-4845 its pretty rough but it runs and its a diesel.