900hp CR build

4wheelspt

sled puller
this truck will be used as a daily driver/sled pull truck with a set of twins, what I would like to know is rods and pistons my truck has 300k kms on it runs great very clean inside motor would it be wise to reuse pistons and rods just get all rotating assy balanced and new rings? or should I replace at this point as you know 900hp becomes 1000.etc etc. Also the freeze plugs does anybody do anything to prevent them from popping out? engine will also get a fire ring head/block and cam 200hp injs etc

tap the freeze plugs for pipe plugs, coolant bypass in block

as far as rods, wouldnt you want to upgrade the rods to a stronger design

thats kind of what I was asking if anybody knows the limits of these components rods pistons

For the coolant, yeah get a coolant bypass that goes into the main plug in the back of the block. You have an 03, if it is an early 03 there is a pretty good chance you have the old 24v style rods... What is your build date? Also, you won't hit 900 hp on 200's unless you spray, FYI.

yes its a early 250 hp, who makes the coolant bypass? yes I am a little conservative on injector size cause of the daily driving, I talked to ddp there 180s are capable of 900+

enterprise engine is nice- $180 shipped
wickeds diesel is 395 but looks nicer

my 03 with ddp 300's twins and dual cp3 with just smarty and mp-8 made 816hp fuel only- i could/will make more hp adding TST...... but dont believe every advertiser hp claims

03's need more duration and larger nozzles to make the same hp as other 04.5+ trucks

example- my 06 with 220's (smarty/mp-8/ twins) makes 829 fuel only

Last edited:
are the 300s in your 03 pretty dirty? what size twins are you running, is the engine all stock inside still?

yes its a early 250 hp, who makes the coolant bypass? yes I am a little conservative on injector size cause of the daily driving, I talked to ddp there 180s are capable of 900+

Please show me where a 180hp nozzle has produced 900hp on fuel....:doh:

I have started using Carillo rods and really like them. You could do 12/24v rods at 900hp and be pretty safe but if you ever look at going 1k plus go ahead and do some billets now instead of after you bend a set of 12v rods.

I can get you a really good price on Carrilos if you are interested in them.

yeah I meant "smokey" on those injs, just saying what ddp told me straight up thats all. Anyway back to my original question about rods n pistons if my engine has the older 24v rods are they crap? compared to a newer cr I didnt think they would have done that even on my 250 hp engine figured they would be the same as a 305 or 325. Are the pistons going to be short lived at 4000rpm from time to time if I stay around the 8-900hp#?

sorry missed your response but thats good to know thanks! just trying to decide how far to go thats all, judging by my past when you think 500hp is good enough right! then it becomes 650-700 and so on.

sorry missed your response but thats good to know thanks! just trying to decide how far to go thats all, judging by my past when you think 500hp is good enough right! then it becomes 650-700 and so on.

I hope money is plentiful. It will be 20k plus to get you to 800hp+. At least it did me... :bang As for thhe bottom end, everything is stock except for the cam.

my coolant bypass homade kit one rear freeze plug and the other one is right behind the heater hose in the head
IMG00119.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg