900hp CR build

I'm running DDP 200s and I've hit 1000hp (fuel only) in my '05 with the triples.

Hmm, not reall comparing apples to apples here. Don't think he's going with triples, and he has the early CR with the 2-injection event, not the three like the 04.5+. Also, how many pounds of boost was that?

Hmm, not reall comparing apples to apples here. Don't think he's going with triples, and he has the early CR with the 2-injection event, not the three like the 04.5+. Also, how many pounds of boost was that?

We have an extra PILOT injection event. He's not missing anything by not having that 3rd injection event. And there are tons of twin setups pushing more air than I'm running. That was 70psi.

We have an extra PILOT injection event. He's not missing anything by not having that 3rd injection event. And there are tons of twin setups pushing more air than I'm running. That was 70psi.

Listen, i'm not trying to call you out, but i've NEVER heard of a CR with 200hp nozzles hitting 1000 hp on fuel only. 800 is expected 900 is exceptional....

Listen, i'm not trying to call you out, but i've NEVER heard of a CR with 200hp nozzles hitting 1000 hp on fuel only. 800 is expected 900 is exceptional....

I was only pointing it out because the OP said DDP stated that their 180hp injectors are capable of 900+. I was just backing that up so that he knows it is doable with the right chargers. I live at 4500ft elevation, driving my truck every day, and travel up to 7500ft on a weekly basis. This is the only reason I've stuck with the 200s for so long. My truck is smoke free at full throttle The reason you don't hear of CR trucks making 1000+ with 200hp injectors is cuz it's easier to get there with bigger sticks. I know I'd be well over 1000hp if I threw some 300s in there but I wanted to see where I could get to with some sticks that were still driveable.

A smarter person using the handy-dandy calculator would have used the trap speed.

In any case I only posted to show it had been done, not to start a pissing contest, you are free to believe what you like-- I have nothing to prove.

The slow ET is from having driven 250 miles towing my 10k trailer, went to the track on the stock towing tires at 60 psi and soft (5psi) launches to save my stock output shaft and prevent wheel hop. The ET calculator doesn't really factor that does it?

The ET to HP calculator is a joke! Trap speed to HP is very accurate, it's simple physics and you can't cheat the trap speed.

Also, the trap speed to HP calculation is the average HP put down through-out the run, so peak will be a little higher.

You can totally botch a pass by leaving in 2wd and spin at the start and still end up with almost the same trap speed.

In short, ET is extremely dependent on traction and the first 330' of the race.

MPH is extremely dependent on horsepower.

im going to be doing a similar build like this on a 06 soon. what would be the best twin cp3 pumps to go with. I was thinkin dragonslayer and something a like 30% over. whats a good combo on pumps for 900-1000hp

Two stock pumps are good to about 1200. So any modded pump over that is overkill. Many do it anyway. I have a stocker over FloorIt stage 3.

im going to be doing a similar build like this on a 06 soon. what would be the best twin cp3 pumps to go with. I was thinkin dragonslayer and something a like 30% over. whats a good combo on pumps for 900-1000hp

Keep us posted! :Cheer:

I did 902hp completely stock bottom end, NO CAM. Only thing inside that was aftermarket was valve springs, o-ring head, and studs.