95 cummins steal

2deerwhistlers

got a 95 for $1000 the other day... body is rough but ive got stacks, ddp stage 3's, an hx35/40, scheid push tubes, and a ddp fuel stop plate all waiting for it.... it wouldent run so i got er runnin out of a 5 gallon bucket.. pulled the tank made a pickup tube, put a holley blue pump and remote filter on the frame... ditch the banjos and ive got a good running truck... only question is what should i do to the trans (47rh) to hold maybe 400 hp... i was planning on spending $1000 on the trans... then ive got 2 grand into it
thanks for the help
jess:Cheer:

ur one lucky sob. thats one heck of a deal sounds like. lets see some pics of the project. congrats again on the truck!!

she might break the camera but i'll see what i can do... ive also got dv's out of a 230 hp mechanical c ... lots of parts just nothing for transmissions... right now it seems like it hasent had enough power to abuse the tranny too much, thats the side im hoping for anyway... either way i just hope i can build a decent transmission that will get me to work with around 400 horses... this is the 4th member of my dodge cummins family, it doesnt need to be like the 2000 with twins and a p-pump.. i know what im in for .. im prepared to break something

talked to dusty today at hts ...seems like a good guy...i might be able to get away with $1300 worth of trans parts.... got er on the road today, she wanders a bit but i dont mind... i'll get pictures this weekend... thanks guys

hah now that its clean i think she needs a head gasket... im ok with that, now i can just see how she looks from the inside... ive got a head gasket around somewhere and i might just dip into that next weekend, change the dv's, push tubes, and the turbo while im at it. im sure the valve adjustment and full d--che wont hurt it any either... and a tie rod end