96 12v performance ?

DOUBLE NICKEL

Hi guys I am not new to diesels but am new to the 12v. Have been around several 12v but first time to own one. I have a 96 12v 2wd auto. Truck runs and shifts perfect. Has a built auto, intake, 4" exhaust, 4k gsk, laser cut dv's, 100 horse industrial injection injectors, and a upgraded 215 pump on it, and a stock turbo that has been fully polished inside and out. Haven't mashed down the throttle all the way yet but to me it doesent seem near as quick as it should be. Although I did beat a 08 dodge hemi to 60 by 2 car lengths yeterday. But that's not saying much. The truck smokes like a locamotive but just doesent seem that fast. Is there anything that could be holding it back? Oh and the stock turbo hits 41 psi. Thanks,Ryan

Do you know what the timing is set at? With the smoke you say it does, you aren't lacking the volume of fuel but you might turn the starwheel back some to keep it from flooding out the bottom end.

Ditch the laser cuts, and definately get a bigger charger with those injectors. You're putting the fire out right now.

With a 215 pump, and those sticks, I'd say a 64/71/13 would be a great charger for you to run. I lit a 64 with 75 hp rated DDP's in my 97 5 spd.

Do you know what the timing is set at? With the smoke you say it does, you aren't lacking the volume of fuel but you might turn the starwheel back some to keep it from flooding out the bottom end.
I have no idea what it is set at.

Ditch the laser cuts, and definately get a bigger charger with those injectors. You're putting the fire out right now.

With a 215 pump, and those sticks, I'd say a 64/71/13 would be a great charger for you to run. I lit a 64 with 75 hp rated DDP's in my 97 5 spd.

Yeah the guy had a phat shaft 64 on the truck for a couple days and he said the truck felt 2 times as fast.

Ryan put some 181 or maybe 191 DV's and you really need a larger charger prolly a good 62 if you are going to tow.

Ryan put some 181 or maybe 191 DV's and you really need a larger charger prolly a good 62 if you are going to tow.

I wonder what size DV's are in it now? He just said they are diamond cut DV's. Won't be towing much with this truck. Gonna use the 94 dually for towing. I need this one to be daily drivable though and not smoke out everyone just normal driving. It puts out a good haze just cruisning at 70.

Diamond or laser cut are usually larger than 191's
Ok that's what I was thinking...I took the truck out this morning and it definatly has way too much fuel and not enough air. It hit 1600 degrees before it even hit OD. Don't have the money to change out the turbo right now or anything so I guess I'm gonna try to just back down on the fuel and see how much that helps.

Start by sliding the plate back and adjusting the star wheel although the wheel might not help much.