97 timing

thanks i was going to get some 435s or something with the right spray pattern but i got them for 175 so i going to run them for awhile

alright thanks i will get my timing tools early next week and hopefully next weekend i'll get to change it and install the injectors

Sorry, Im kinda new with the in depth diesel stuff...What do you mean "washers" where do they go?

Can you get these different sized copper washers from a dealer or do they have to be special ordered

16* advance maximum with 0.020" washers 14* advance with 0.060" washers. With the 215hp pump you do not require such advanced timing, I would set it to 15* advance with the 0.020" washers since 0.667mm is equal to 1* or 120mm/180*.

Are you sure you don't have those numbers backwards? Does 16* w/ 0.060" washers or 14* with 0.020" washers sound better? The thinner washers would add timing such that the static could be less right? Unless I missed something...

Gotcha, so the numbers you listed are the max timing suggested for the two different washer thicknesses to ensure the pattern stays in the bowl.

My buddy and I swapped a 160 pump for a 180 pump on his brothers truck. we finished the install and began to time it to 16* because has 370 injectors as well. After the timing was done the idle was 1000 in park and 400 in drive what should the idles be set at? and also when we test drove it, It was breaking up and when it comes to a stop or put into reverse it stalls out now is that the timing being off or that because our idle rpms are out of wack?

What about the timing pin at the injection pump?If I follow it, will I get the setting advertised at the engine data plate?
Now;in my 2wd 175 hp 1994 cummins Ram it is 12,5*,Will not it be dangerous going further than 13,5?