'98 12v 2wd

VMacKenzie

Time to sell the '98, have owned it for almost 6 years and have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it but going to switch to an overvalved truck.

Specs- '98 Ram 2500 SLT, short box club cab auto, 3.54 axle, 213,000 miles.
Factory options- tow pkg, rear slider, temp/compass readout, AM/FM CD
Installed upgrades- PIAA 510 fog lights, Mag-Hytek dif cover, sound deadening in doors, new door speakers, rebuilt Dana 70. 3k GSK set to 3600 RPM, SDX 5x12s.

Also replaced original injection pump with a 887 215 pump about 3 months ago.

Truck overall is a 8/10, NO rust, no dash cracks, no seat rips, interior is excellent. Mainly wheel leather is shot. Body is darn near perfect but paint clearcoat is peeling.

Truck is very tight (being a club cab helps), runs and drives excellent.

Main issues. . .rear brakes are grabby, exhaust hazes for some reason, peeling paint. Tranny is original and untouched, somehow made it 213k and shifts good.

Asking $5900, best way to reach me is email sixshift@msn.com
Photos of truck here (they are mixed in with other truck pics but there's quite a few) My Trucks pictures by VMac822 - Photobucket

I am in Tri-Cities WA, easy to fly in here to Pasco WA (PSC)

No not looking for any trades, sorry. . . (but would consider a nice clean 24V version of my truck)

Last edited:
Vaughn, wasn't this the truck you bought after you sold the 3rd gen?

I don't know Vaughn personally but have read his posts on diesel forums over the years and he seems to know what he is talking about. With that in mind, this truck is probably better than described.

Thanks KBennett. Close, I bought the '96 in Jul '04 to replace the '03 and then this one in March 2006. So I've had it well over 5 years and 75k miles. Essentially the second owner.

I still have the '96 by the way, had 351k then and now sits at 464,570. No plans to ever part with it.