98' 12v Engine Plug-N-Play for a 24v Body?

Awesome, that definately does. I would only think if I used my 98' 12v PCM, and maybe swapped transmissions as well I would be in the clear. I am wanting to go to a manual VB as well so even if it didn't I wouldn't be at a dead end!

If the engine harness from the 12v does in fact plug right in, and visa-versa that would be easy.
I can tell you it does in fact plug and play, lol.

I put the 98 12 valve engine harness in my 99 gas job and had "no bus" also, but it was just the ground that wasnt hooked up for the ECU. So everything from fender into the cab is 99 gasser. So i dont think youd have a problem swapping the stuff over, except for having the vin number from the trucks flashed into the other ECU.

I put the 98 12 valve engine harness in my 99 gas job and had "no bus" also, but it was just the ground that wasnt hooked up for the ECU. So everything from fender into the cab is 99 gasser. So i dont think youd have a problem swapping the stuff over, except for having the vin number from the trucks flashed into the other ECU.

Well that broadens my search for even a gas truck, hopefully that makes it easier!