99 chip/tuner recommendations

In regards to the Edge Juice/Attitude combo, here is a real piece of advice that your uncle needs to be aware of. If he wants something for towing, and he's running an automatic trans, be aware that the Edge Juice/Attitude does not incorporate transmission shift controls. The only thing it can do is "defuel" on WOT upshifts. That's it. It will not adjust shift points, and it will not increase line pressure when adding more power. What will happen is shifting will become mushy, and when towing the transmission can actually end up running hotter than it should be, especially in traffic or in hilly areas.

If he is dead set on getting the Edge Juice/Attitude, then he is going to need at least a valve body upgrade so that his trans doesn't shift funny when towing a 5th wheel. Otherwise, he needs to get a different chip or programmer that can allow for transmission adjustments that compliment the added power.

Great bit of info. Alot of other chips will do better by the tranny than an Edge.

We understand that HE BOUGHT IT. Never doubted it. But just proving a fact that they are NOT 1000 dollars. He got ripped. Im sorry for that. Just proving a fact that your coming on here stating that there 1000 bucks. There not even close for a 7.3l. Hell if he wants i can prolly get him one for 300 bucks. If he wants a edge juice, thats what he wants. It may be enough for him. It may not be. Some people like them. Some dont. Let em find out for himself. I had one. Loved the monitor. But i grew out of it. Grew into a custom chip. Thats what i recommend from experience now. I would never run a off the shelf chip or programmer again. But hey, gotta start somewhere.

And yes, like stated above, they do not do anything with the transmission. Mine used to hit pretty damn hard with just the juice. And wasnt hitting hard in the good way.

I don't care. When will you stop wasting time with this uselessness.

ONCE AGAIN *bdh*

When you stop posting :bang messages. Seems like you get into these pissing matches all the time. Like you get your jollys of em. I seem to remember it was you who asked what you could do to get alittle more out of your truck. But would rather run a off the shelf chip. Then get what everyone else was trying to open your eyes to. As in a custom tuned chip. That would wake your truck up more over that generic TS.

No. We all had an understanding after it was all said and done that I didnt need to BUY another chip when I could have the one I had retuned. I was being pushed to buy a chip from another dealer when all I had to do was shoot down to Beans and have mine reburned. Just give it up man.