99 cummins fuel delivery tubes

slick_77

i wanna drill out my cross over tubes i need to know how to do it and how big to drill them if anyone can help me out it would be great!:nail:

Don't bother, everyone that has dyno'ed before and after has shown a loss after enlarged tubes. Plus it will run like balls at idle.

Mine are drilled to .196
However, it isn't recommended to drill more than .093
Idle is fine and smooth on mine. Seemed to make it a slight bit more snappy after I drilled it.

Mine are drilled to .196
However, it isn't recommended to drill more than .093
Idle is fine and smooth on mine. Seemed to make it a slight bit more snappy after I drilled it.

HOLY CRAP!! .196? Wow. Mine loped with .078. That's definitely the largest I've seen to date.

Last edited:
hey

man honestly i would just buy them done.... :badidea: i trusted a well know machine/diesel shop to drill my only factory tubes and they broke the bit off in it while useing the lathe bad deal i was down a week until i ran to schied they charge 80 to drill yours or 180 for new and you keep yours

Really welp we have a machine shop here at work I was gonna try it on my own but I didn't know how big to go I can get a factory set for 100 and if they are drilled right the truck should loap right??

Really welp we have a machine shop here at work I was gonna try it on my own but I didn't know how big to go I can get a factory set for 100 and if they are drilled right the truck should loap right??

Nope......

Not neccesarily. There's a good chance but every truck is different. And have you ever driven a lopey truck? Its a pia.

So I want the truck to loap its got stock injectors do u think it'll loap if. I drill them out

Just buy a 3/16 bit, 6" long and drill them yourself! Use plenty of oil when drilling. Also, drill down a little then pull the bit back out, clean the shaving off, put more oil on the bit and do that over and over till your about half way through, then start over from the other side.(don't just drill all the way through from one side, if the bit drifts it will come out the other end off center!) I did mine with a hand drill and a vice...not complicated to do at all!!!

i did my own also with a vise and drill press to .093 and my lopes a little more in nuetral

Back