99 k2500 GM OBS Cummins Questions

Puller810

I picked up one of my favorite vehicles last week to restore. 4 door 4x4 shortbox 2500 GM OBS. Never done a 6Bt Cummins swap in a Chevy (07 Superduty though).

Is it possible to leave the trans in the stock location? I won't be running the mechanical fan and will more than likely use a water to air intercooler.
I will be using a PATC six speed 4l80e (pretty slick upgrade to a standard 4l80e) with a TCI controller.
Has anyone used the factory fuel pump and pickup from the vortec gas engine with an adjustable pressure regulator (its all brand new on the truck)?
Getting ready to tear the motor out this weekend and if someone has the answers it will save me some mockup time.

The trans can stay if your willing to run electric fans. You can run a air to air inter cooler but it gets tight between the headlights. Hi mount ac compressor above the alternator I've built 3 93to99 Chevys they make good trucks. Never used the 4l80e or the gas pump all mine were 6.5 trucks. Pm me if u want some pic

If you have a picture of one with the trans in the stock location and electric fans that would be great. Just trying to see how close it is. I'll go water to air if there's not enough room as I don't like cutting everything up like some of the pics I've seen. That will be the last thing I build and if I can get an air to air in there buy custom making one I'll do it.

Send pics to tosch88@live.com or 810-358-9385. Thanks!