99 runs weird after regulated return install

Dieselmafialb7

needs more air....
Im not a ford a guy by any strech and got suckered in to working on one. Anyways I put a sinsister regulated fuel pressure return on after install which was a giant pita I start it and cant get the regulator to get the fuel pressure over 50psi lift pump is pushing 63-70 psi motor seems to knock more and run different could it be a injector issue made worse by doing this I need ideas of what to look for here.
motor really rattles on decel as well. has a old school edge evo on it for tuning and exhuast 125 gph@55psi fass and thats it for mods

Take it out and run the piss out of it, those motors are a PITA to get the air worked out of the fuel system. IIRC Ford recommends running the motor at 3K RPM's for a hour in order to bleed the air out of the system.

Take it out and run the piss out of it, those motors are a PITA to get the air worked out of the fuel system. IIRC Ford recommends running the motor at 3K RPM's for a hour in order to bleed the air out of the system.

Sweet jesus :eek: seriously? Im afriad to hurt the damn thing

Sweet jesus :eek: seriously? Im afriad to hurt the damn thing

I said the same thing when I was told that, I didn't run the truck that hard but I kept it around 2500 for a while locked in second gear and it cleared up good after about 3-5 miles. But I would run the snot out of it and see if it's a air problem.

Will air cause the knock and rattle then? also the fuel pressure guage on the reg is bouncing something it wasnt doing it was holding steady same as the fass

It will cause the injector knock and rattle but IDK about the gauge on the regulator. Hind sight being 20/20 here can you run the hose from the return into a bucket and see if you have a lot of air in the system?

Got the reg to hold 58-60 psi but thats all fittings were into far stopped it from seating correctly but still cant get 65 psi

Driving it helped a little bit but now when I turn the key on shows 58ish psi then you start it drops to 40psi and bounces from 40-45?? Regulator having issues or?

Run the pump and.crack open each line from inlet to outlet and find.your blockage. Sounds like you have some garbage stuck inline somewhere restricting flow.
If you haven't fixed it already.

Run the pump and.crack open each line from inlet to outlet and find.your blockage. Sounds like you have some garbage stuck inline somewhere restricting flow.
If you haven't fixed it already.

This... I should have subbed to this thread.

It took me a day to get mine to run smooth after the rr install... total pain to get air out of those motors

It should NOT take that long to get the motor running smoothly after a regulated return install. Cycle the key 2-3 times for 20 seconds at a time until the fuel pressure stabilizes, then start the truck. It should run smoothly almost immediately. If it doesn't, then you've got other issues. Period.

Ya update it had a fitting with a tiny leak it would take a few mins to drip got it sealed shimmed the regulator spring and held 65 psi no problem ran much better and quieter. Definitely something new to deal with for me!

Back