99 to 02 24 Valve intake horn on 03 CR

spdgofast

TOO MANY IRONS
Has anyone installed a 99 to 02 24 Valve intake horn on a 5.9 CR and noticed any gains in performance or even fuel mileage? I have one laying around and was thinking of trying it.

I have put one on before, it is different, just requires some man handling. You wont notice any difference though, besides maybe a blown boot.

Put one on a friends 04. EGTs dropped 100-150* and boost stayed the same, maybe gained a pound or two. Just looking at the 98-02 and 03+ side by side is a very noticable difference.

Put one on a friends 04. EGTs dropped 100-150* and boost stayed the same, maybe gained a pound or two. Just looking at the 98-02 and 03+ side by side is a very noticable difference.

So if you gained boost, that means you made the restriction worse...

When you free up restriction, you loose boost due to being more efficient... which is a good thing.

I have put one on before, it is different, just requires some man handling. You wont notice any difference though, besides maybe a blown boot.

Yeah, I put one on my 04 and it will go on but it looked like the boot was about to rip so I took it back off.

With a stock charger you will most likely not notice or gain anything.

I have an ats 2nd gen style on my 06 and aftermarket boots with compound turbos and didn't notice much change other then having the pre drilled holes for my water meth and boost gauges was really handy and it looks cool I think but I hvent had any torn or blown boots yet at 65psi so I think you'll be fine

So if you gained boost, that means you made the restriction worse...

When you free up restriction, you loose boost due to being more efficient... which is a good thing.

You caught me :eek:wned: It was almost two years ago that I did that and I kinda forgot that part of the outcome lol. But it was the OTHER way around, he lost 1-3 pounds of boost.

Thanks for the replies, I just have one laying around and was going to install on the wifes 03 5.9 QC 4x4 DD that is stock other than a hypermax programmer and a K&N intake and a little larger exhaust that I can't get more than 16.5 MPG on the HWY no matter what. At this rate I may put her in a gas burner that gets like 20MPG and save $ for some performance 12 v parts for my trucks.