A DHRA exclusive for Pro Diesel!

EMcBride

Hoosier Stormtrooper
We have started a similar offer for the Pro Diesels to payout the first one to run in the 7's. Dr. Performance is already on board so stay in tune and we'll fill everyone in as things progress.

If that is true then- my bad....

I was going off the simillar rules on the first in the 6's thread....

I wouldn't think so atleast. I wouldn't think it would matter, unless they have stipulations in their first 7 second pass bounty, which I don't think is the case. Kind of like how the Miller Lite car of Larry Dixon used to run in the Big Bud Shootout if you asked me. The company putting the money up is already getting a good bang for their buck w/ all the talk of their company when the bounty is discussed.

Well then the question needs to be asked-

Eric, what are the stipulations of the payout?

RacinDuallie said:
Why would I want to run a Competitors decal on my rig???

I hear ya on the Competitors decal being on your rig. Perhaps the decals should be custom, they should come up w/ a name for the club, like the DHRA Top Performers Club or something like that. Then have the decals incorporate that into them, so that your not just running a product decal. I don't know about you, but unless my other sponsors forbid the decal being on my ride, or wanted to step up w/ $$$, then I'm putting it on. $$$$$$$ is $$$$$. It should be modeled after the Speed-Pro 200 MPH Club for Pro Stock, or the Mickey Thompson 6-Second Club for Pro Stock Bikes in the NHRA IMHO. In those clubs, the first driver to break in the club got the cash, and then there were a set # of places for the remaining driving to follow suite, be it 8 or 16 places, whichever. I think the having to run the peoples product to get their portion of the bounty is bull, a decal is one thing, but product.....

Last edited:
I like that idea better than outright putting a competitors decal on my rigs flanks- it should be under a exclusive name not a competitors product decal- funk that- if it is that way. Money or no money- I want the sponsors on my rig happy, and I don't want to run their competitors decal on a rig their sponsoring- doesnt make any sense there, but a decal for for running for this bounty without the competitors name on it would be the professional way to go about this- no disrespect.

ERIC?????

No details yet, now on the 6-second pass, it is what it is, we didn't put the program together.
It's a learning curve, I like some of JRich's ideas, but when it's sponsor-based, we play along or you don't get the $$$$. This is new for us, so let us learn from it and perhaps there will be more for later.

I defineately don't see a problem with the neutral bounty decal- seems to be less of a mess to deal with for our sponsors....

Which one of your sponsors would give a chit about DHRA?

Dually you gonna be at IRP with that million dollar baby?:evil

Jeff Burton Drives for Cingular but if he wants to drive Nextel Cup, he runs a Nextel Decal, and has a Nextel Patch on his firesuit. If Rusty Wallace or Sterling Marlin wanted money for putting thier car on the pole, they had Budweiser decals on the fenders. It is just how contingency sponsors work.

Lets say for instance that You have a truck sponsored by an exhaust company other than Flowmaster, An electroncis company other than Dr P., etc : I would think that your primary sponsor would not have a problem with you working with another company (running a small sticker and a part that nobody will see anyway) if you had a legitamete shot at a record.(and tons of exposure) It is pretty simple in my mind.

JRich made pretty much the same point. Lets say for instance that Larry Dixon Wins the Bud Shootout in the Miller Lite car. Sure he had to slap a sticker on the car and wear a red hat for a photo op, But I can tell you the Miller execs have a ball when they take Bud's Money. As a matter of fact, as a sponsor, I might sink more $$ into a program out of spite.

Back